Child Tax Credit Coordinator_ Temporary
4C's of Alameda County Hayward, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $25 Hourly
Position: Child Tax Credit Coordinator
Temporary: October 2021- September 2022
Hours: Day, Evenings & Weekends
Work Week: Approximately 20-25 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $20.00- $25.00 DOE
Community Child Care Coordinating Council (4Cs) of Alameda County is a nonprofit organization serving families and child care providers in Alameda County. 4Cs of Alameda County exists to develop and coordinate resources for families and children.
As the Child Tax Credit (CTC) Coordinator, you will provide coordination, organization, and supervision for all aspects of the CTC project.
Reports to the Director, Operations. This position is part-time temporary from October 2021 to September 2022. Approximately 20-25 hours/week. This position is non-exempt.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate 4Cs Child Tax Credit Project to provide awareness and support for families who are eligible to receive the advanced federal Child Tax Credit, state and federal stimulus payments and other state & Federal tax credits.
- Responsible to Coordinate & Participate in: outreach, events & filing forms for CTC in targeted neighborhoods in Alameda County
- Responsible for the CTC phone line and email communications
- Coordinate & maintain a schedule for phone line & client in person meetings
- Maintain a relationship with Oakland Starting Smart and Strong and Lightbox to ensure we obtain needed project materials including attending meetings
- Provide monthly reports as required
- Publicize CTC Project working with our Development & Communications in house team for social media, and other forms of distribution
- Conduct outreach with Community partners, Child Care Providers & schools in targeted neighborhoods
- Work with the VITA Site Coordinator for tax preparation services
- Recognize volunteers throughout the project & help with the end of season volunteer celebration
- Attend IRS trainings for Tax Law, & TaxSlayer Software as needed
- Other duties as assigned
1. Experience working effectively with collaborative cross-sector partnerships
2. Experienced with the Child Tax credit & VITA Tax Preparation program
3. AA/ Bachelors is Social Work, Human Development, Public Administration or related degree Preferred
4. Strong organizational skills and ability to establish new procedures and systems, leadership, and management skills
5. Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to set-up laptops and address basic IT issues
- Public Speaking, & demonstrated cultural sensitivity and experience working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
- Ability to work independently
10. Must have valid California driver’s license, personal automobile insurance and access to own transportation
11. Ability to work on evenings and weekends, as needed
4C's of Alameda County
Since 1972, 4Cs of Alameda County has been dedicated to providing child care referrals, education, nutrition services and payment assistance to children, families and child care providers in Alameda County. 4Cs mission is to develop and coordinate resources to strengthen families and children.
22351 City Center Drive Hayward CAHayward, CA