In this role you will provide skilled nursing/ patient education in the home according to our company policy and procedure.
- Provide skilled nursing care for infusion patients in their home or an ambulatory infusion suite
- Teach patients and their care givers to achieve the highest level of independence possible in self - care and monitoring of their infusion therapy
- Assess the patients’ condition and response to therapy, taking action as needed to facilitate achievement of treatment goals
- Collaborate with physicians and pharmacists on the patient plan of care and treatment, communicating status changes and implementing new orders as received
- Establish trust and build therapeutically effective relationships with patients and their families
- Demonstrated competency in patient care standards required for safe delivery of services and infusion skill sets applicable to agency programs and service needs. Advanced certification and training as applicable.
- Required license to operate a motor vehicle in the state of practice with access to a vehicle for business travel with proof of liability insurance.
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems and software applications with the ability to apply knowledge in the effective use of nursing technology tools to communicate and document care provided.