- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Office Manager will handle all administrative / operational functions for location, on their assigned shift. The Office Manager will travel to other company locations for additional on-the-job-training, and could eventually relocate to another company location permanently. This position reports to the On-Site Manager (OSM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns how to manage customer relationship(s) for sites Relogistics services from that location
- Works with OSM to sets shift/operating schedule in conjunction with Regional Operations Manager to best service the local customer(s)
- Learns to recruit, develop, and manage employees on one or more shifts
- Learns site Human Resources and Payroll activities
- Performs data entry into Excel, Word, Outlook, and Velocity, and does basic data analysis to support continuous improvement initiatives at the location assigned
- Organizes and maintains file system; files correspondence and other records, and maintains local employee personnel files in Paycom
- Ensures company policies regarding HSE and HR are followed in conjunction with federal, state, and local employment law
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for office equipment maintenance
- Assists employees with general administrative questions regarding employment, pay, benefits, etc.
- Learns basic financial data entry
- May be required to assist with forklift driver duties, as needed. This would include operating a forklift for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials to/from different areas within the warehouse, making accurate decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of operations at the location, as well as tracking these movements in a timely/legible manner on the proper forms
- Assists in managing employee relations issues, locally, in conjunction with the OSM
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Requires three or more years of related administrative and operational experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic accounting, payroll, and/or human resources experience is a plus
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing, supply chain/logistics, or distribution environment is preferred
- 1-2 years of previous management and/or supervisory experience is required
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization as well as to visitors and customers
- Experience in small, start-up organizations helpful
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English fluently. Spanish fluency is a plus in many locations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift certifications required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to allow for travel to various company locations, if required by the company
Other Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in use of MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required. Expected to be comfortable with technology in general.
- General knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing HR practices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business publications, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural instruction manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization as well as to visitors and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Willingness to work through employee relations issues
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions to include, but not limited to, elements, heat, cold, and air particulate
- Repetitively adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for entire shifts of varying lengths
- The employee is frequently required to sit, talk hear, walk and use hands to handle, feel and reach
- Forklift operator is required to sit for long periods of time
- The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (eye protection, ear protection is mandatory at several locations, safety shoes)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Must have a good sense of balance & good eye-hand-foot coordination
- May be required to lift pallets by hand, each weighing between 50 lbs. to 75 lbs.
We also operate our own fleet of more than 5,880 trailers and tractors, servicing customers from coast to coast. We provide end-to-end pallet solutions, from supply to retrieval, onsite services, and reverse logistics. 48forty Solutions is truly Pallet Management Made SimpleTM.
48forty SolutionsWhy Work Here?
We're a company that understands our people are our most valuable asset, and you'll be treated as such. Our people move America!
48forty is the largest pallet management services company in North America, with a national network of over 231 facilities, including 54 company-owned and operated pallet recycling plants and more than 850 partners. We also operate our own fleet of more than 5,880 trailers and tractors, servicing customers from coast to coast. We provide end-to-end pallet solutions, from supply to retrieval, onsite services, and reverse logistics. 48forty Solutions is truly Pallet Management Made SimpleTM.
9970 Farr Court Cincinnati OH 45246 United StatesCincinnati, OH
BusinessView all jobs at 48forty Solutions