451 Research, an analyst firm focused on innovative and disruptive technologies, seeks an experienced copy editor for a full-time position in our Kansan office. Duties include editing daily analysis reports and longer in-depth materials for content, grammar, style and factual accuracy.
Applicants Must Have:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Journalism or Communications.
- A minimum of five years of full-time copy editing experience. Experience at a technology-focused publication or research/analysis firm is a major plus, as is any relevant financial experience.
- An excellent command of English grammar, syntax, usage and punctuation.
- A keen project-oriented focus and excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to work well under daily, weekly and longer-term deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse, global team.
Applicants without these qualifications will not be considered. The ideal applicant is a professional copy editor with an eye for detail who enjoys making written work clear, logical and error-free. The applicant must be highly organized, self-directed and able to manage concurrent projects and tasks under tight deadlines.
451 Research is a technology-industry analyst company focused on emerging and disruptive enterprise information technologies. It provides independent online subscription-based, syndicated analysis and data services to technology vendors, investors, securities market professionals and end users. It is the market’s leading provider of technology M&A data and analysis.
Please send a resume and a cover note describing why this position fits with your skills and career interests and explaining how you have demonstrated exceptional work and attention to detail in professional editorial environments.
Please include your cover note in the body text of the email. We cannot consider applications that do not include a cover note. Please put 'Copy Editor' in the subject field.