Shop Equipment Mechanic
- Posted: over a month ago
Shop Equipment Mechanic
Keeping customers up and running is a priority at 4Rivers Equipment. 4Rivers is looking for highly-skilled, self-motivated, and efficient shop Service Technicians to be part of our long term solution not just a quick fix. Full-time Shop Technicians positions are available for qualified candidates in Cheyenne, WY. This position makes our customers’ day, every day.
- Low Deductible Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401K and Roth IRA Option Available
- 401K Match & Profit Share
- Online Continual Education, including John Deere University
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Sponsorship with John Deere Technician Program
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Asset Investment
- 4Rivers Employee Discount/ ADP LifeMart Discounts
- Customized Career Path
By partnering with 4Rivers Equipment you become part of a John Deere Award Winning team. 4Rivers Equipment is built with positive attitudes and partner-like integrity. With over 400 employees in 17 locations from Cheyenne, WY down to El Paso, TX, we can offer the opportunity to grow yourself and your John Deere career while keeping a fun and team-oriented work environment. Here at 4Rivers Equipment our mission is to improve the lives of our customer, business partners, and employees. That's being, "Your Working Partner."
- Perform maintenance, repairs, and diagnostics on all types of heavy equipment
- Engine rebuilds, axle reconditions, hydraulic valves and pumps repair, and transmission repairs are typical
- Remove, disassemble, clean, repair, recondition, assemble components or parts
- Analyze parts reusability, order parts, keep track of machine status, and complete repair in timely manner
- Record equipment hours, serial numbers, complaints, causes, and corrections
- Perform machine inspections and maintain accurate records
- Use knowledge to recommend correct repair to service writer or customer
- Mentor and train other technicians and apprentice technicians
- Attend company-sponsored training to develop skills, knowledge, and expertise
- Keep service trucks and all company assets repaired, safe, and maintained
- Observe all safety procedures of the company and of customers
- Safely operate tools such as: power tools, lifts, welders, hydraulic jacks, forklifts, and overhead cranes
- Work to the standards and values of 4Rivers Equipment
- Perform all other duties assigned efficiently and professionally
Education and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Vocation or technical degree, or equivalent work experience or training
- Strong communication skills and self-motivated
Physical Effort: Service Technicians regularly work on machines in tight and awkward positions. They may stand for long periods of time while also having to bend, crawl, or lay on their backs while making repairs. Service Technicians frequently move objects weighing 60-pounds unassisted and move heavier items (over 60 pounds) with assistance of devices. Service Technicians will service machines both in the shop and outside the shop, or at customer locations.
Working Conditions: Service Technicians perform work both at the dealership and at customer locations. They occasionally perform work on loose-footing areas outside of the shop and in the field. There is often exposure to grease, dirt, dust, fumes, drafts, and loud noises of varying levels both in the shop and out. There is also frequent risk of burns, chemical irritations, cuts, strains, bruises, etc. Service technicians will regularly perform work duties outside in adverse weather conditions. To combat these dangers and risk hazards, field service technicians must follow strict safety procedures and utilize proper PPE.
Travel: Some field positions requires frequent driving to & from customer locations and the shop.
Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality is vital. Must attend work regularly and to arrive at work on time. Failure to do so detrimentally affects team morale and productivity.
4Rivers Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Benefits, Job Description and EEO information, please see attachments.
Pay rate is commensurate with knowledge, ability, experience and location.
4 Rivers Equipment
AutomotiveView all jobs at 4 Rivers Equipment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?