LightArt, a 3form company, is a growing custom lighting fabrication and design studio in Seattle's Georgetown neighborhood. The work of the Seattle studio is an ever-evolving tale of innovation, creative exploration, and endlessly variable custom lighting creations.
LightArt is seeking a talented Procurement Buyer/Planner to join our team. The Procurement Buyer/Planner has the primary responsibility of ensuring we, as a team, have the material availability to support our production schedule. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting material level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics including quality and lead time, and supporting product development and new product introductions. This position oversees a purchasing agent, a receiving coordinator and a small parts warehouse coordinator.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers
- Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks)
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options
- Identify areas for process improvement
- 5-7 years of experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer (required)
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP (Visual preferred), transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Management of personnel in supply chain functions
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Calm in stressful situations
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- BS/BA in supply chain management, logistics or business administration (required)
Job Type: Full-time Exempt
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.