DSP Software Engineer (Cincinnati, OH)
3dB-Labs Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
3dB Labs is seeking skilled software developers at all experience levels who love to solve challenging digital signal processing problems. The ideal candidate is creative, smart, and able to work effectively on their own or with a small team. Our work provides the opportunity for a unique mix of theory-based algorithm development and implementation of software-based high-performance processing solutions. Our work environment is dynamic and fast-paced with a focus on quick-reaction responses to our customers' needs. Our products are technically compelling, operationally relevant, and deployed around the globe.
Our employees are typically BS/MS holders in electrical engineering, computer engineering, software engineering, or computer science, but we will consider anyone with demonstrated skills and interest in software development and/or signal processing. The following experience areas are of interest:
- Desired Programming languages/frameworks/platforms:
- C++ (highly desired, as it is our primary development language; all versions from C++98 onward depending on the project)
- Python 2.x/3.x (not strictly required; useful as a complement to our C++-based tools)
- GUI development using Qt 5 framework
- GPGPU software implementation using CUDA
- Development of software for Linux operating systems (our primary target platform)
- Desired Experience with our target application domains:
- Digital signal processing and signals and systems theory
- Background in software defined radio and digital communication theory is a major plus
- Working knowledge of communication systems design and/or RF system design is desirable
- Algorithm implementation using multithreading and SIMD techniques, mostly on x86 platforms
- Proven strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently with freedom to develop your own creative technical solutions to our problems
- Current or past US security clearance is a major plus
3dB's small but growing team enjoys a great work environment, a flat organization without red tape, competitive compensation, and benefits that include:
- 100% coverage of employee and dependent medical, vision, and dental
- Coverage of co-pays and deductibles
- 401k, profit sharing of up to 25% of your salary
- Flexible hours
- Bank of holiday and PTO hours
US citizenship is required for all of our positions.
3dB-LabsWhy Work Here?
Fantastic culture, fast paced environment, satisfaction in work
3dB Labs was founded in 2004 by three engineers driven by the same desire: to maintain the highest quality customer relationship by consistently exceeding established expectations and never sacrificing quality for profit. We excel at developing and delivering innovative solutions to challenging signal processing problems for defense and intelligence applications. Our expertise in software, algorithms, DSP, and system development consistently produce successful results.
9050 Centre Pointe DrPhoenix, AZ
TechnologyView all jobs at 3dB-Labs