At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Senior Key Account Manager to lead the Key Account team for the Oral Care Solutions Division within Health Care Business Group. This position can be based anywhere within the continental US, within proximity to a major airport. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired as the Senior Key Account Manager will lead a team of ten (10) Key Account managers and will drive the overall development and implementation of the divisions key account strategy and develop new business opportunities. This role involves strategic and operational planning for the business, development of existing and emerging key accounts. This individual will provide leadership, coaching, and direction to a team of key account managers that cover government, university and large dental care providers. The purpose of this team is to set end user specifications, standards, approvals and formulary inclusion of 3M Oral Care Solutions
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading the Key Account Team to meet their financial objectives and expand 3M product approval and usage at end user accounts.
- Use strong analytical skills to develop and execute growth strategies at target accounts.
- Coach and mentor KAMs on interactions and growth attainment.
- Serve as the voice of the end user and key accounts on the Division Sales Leadership Team.
- In addition to leading the team, the Sr. KAM will also have some individual contributor objectives to cover 2-4 end users
Additional responsibilities include:
- Utilizing marketing and business experience (segmentation, channel, etc.) to accelerate new business opportunities.
- Managing partnerships and alliances
- Creation of solutions for complex and multi-faceted problems, which requires ingenuity, creativity, innovation, and strong analytical skills.
- Leading, leveraging and influencing resources across functions, departments and businesses to create solutions
This position requires driving a company vehicle, which will require pre-employment and ongoing review of motor vehicle history for candidates who are offered and hired for this position.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of sales experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Minimum two (2) years of key account sales experience
- Current and valid drivers license is required, as you will be issued a company fleet vehicle for this role
- MBA Preferred
- Ten or more years of sales experience
- Five or more years of key account sales experience
- Experience selling dental or orthodontic materials
- Orthodontics, Dental or Health Care experience
- Strong track record for exceeding forecast
- Highly refined C-suite selling skills
- Existing relationships with key end user dental accounts
- Experience negotiation and closing eight digit partnership or supplier agreements
- Demonstrated success working and building relationships with counterparts and ability to collaborate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strategy or Business development experience.
- Marketing and business leadership experience
- Strong communication skills
- Documented track record of success with large and complex key accounts
Location: Based remotely within the continental US within proximity to a major airport
Travel: May include up to 50% travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.