3M is seeking an Advanced Product Service Engineer for the Food Safety Department within the Health Care Business Group, located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for this position will support the Food Safety Departments Petrifilm product line and be responsible for liaison with manufacturing sites. The overall role of this individual is to support integration, product scale-up and examination of current product design related to materials, processes, methods, and specifications. This individual will report to the Food Safety Product service supervisor.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring the commercialized product design intent and product integrity as materials, processes, methods, and specifications change.
- Supporting and/or leading efforts on design requirements specifications, life cycle management, risk management, product and process improvements, and other product documentation efforts.
- Primary responsibility for change management as it relates to design changes driven by quality improvement, source of supply changes, or cost reduction efforts.
- Implementing testing procedures that have been developed by 3M labs.
- Establishing product testing workflow procedures.
- Integrating documentation and ensure compliance with Heath Care Business ISO requirements.
- Building In-depth product and process understanding.
- Raw Material Formulation
- Assessing specifications for RMs
- Building qualification plans for reagents on incoming lots.
- Primary responsibility for leading the analysis, trouble shooting, non-conforming product test and lead cross-functional teams that include manufacturing, technical service and quality/regulatory engineers.
- Leading and/or supporting product testing to both verify design intent of products.
- Leading quality investigations. Engineer may be involved with gathering customer input on design changes due to quality or general product improvements & ultimately is responsible for maintaining the design intent of products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of combined experience working with biochemistry and/or biology techniques and applications within a private, public, government or military environment
- Master's degree or higher in Biology focus or related fields (biological sciences) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with biochemistry or biology techniques and applications
- Minimum of one (1) year of Lean manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated experience analyzing problems, diagnosing root cause, and applying corrective actions
- Experience working with microbiological and molecular biology techniques and applications
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements and documentation
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and detail oriented
- Strong collaboration skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Strong collaboration skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 15% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)