Job Summary: The marketing manager will be accountable to design and implement key messaging, value propositions and strategic marketing plans. He/she will collaborate with business unit stakeholders to ensure the marketing plans support strategic vision and divisional financial objectives.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Use customer insights and market intelligence to develop a comprehensive strategic marketing plan for existing product portfolio and for new product launches.
- Manage the execution, reporting, follow-up and adjustment of marketing plan tactics.
- Lead development of marketing message and content: build, refine and clearly articulate compelling and effective messaging, positioning and differentiation for clinician solutions portfolio.
- Develop and execute persona- and workflow-based marketing tactics, with solid understanding of buying decision makers.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Business Unit Managers, Sales, Marcom teams to support strategic alignment and marketing execution.
- Drive marketing accountabilities for commercialization processes for assigned market segment.
- Utilize subject matter expertise in the company's clinician solutions portfolio to write, edit and project manage a diverse range of high-quality and high-value marketing assets, such as brochures, white papers, case studies, email campaigns, website content, sales enablement tools, etc. High-quality, high-velocity and consistent performance is essential.
- Conduct training events for internal sales and support teams, clients and prospects.
- Collaborate to create and execute strategic value-based pricing for assigned solutions.
- Execute various voice of customer activities, document and communicate results with business unit managers or other stake holders
- Conduct competitive analysis, document and share results with internal stakeholders.
- Drive thought leadership strategy and content for Clinical & Economic Research capabilities.
- Collaborate on client engagement activities such as beta solution measurement.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) combined years of marketing experience in Product Marketing, Marketing Management, Marketing Communications and/or Strategic Marketing
- Minimum of three (3) years in marketing healthcare IT solutions, especially clinician facing technologies
- Solid understanding of clinical documentation systems and workflows, physician and nursing workflows and concerns, etc.
- Experience in development of thought leadership and industry influencers
- Key characteristics include strategic thinker, creative, assertive, collaborative, action-oriented, clear writing and messaging ability, fast learner, strong business acumen, outstanding influencing skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Broad knowledge of the healthcare space and healthcare IT industry.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA; Murray, UT or Silver Spring, MD
Travel Requirements: May require up to 25% travel
Relocation: Relocation is approved
Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.