- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The accounting manager is a senior role in the accounting function reporting directly to the VP-Controller of the company and is responsible for both performing daily accounting tasks as well as providing support in the overall monthly close process for a private-equity backed software/services company in the logistics/transportation sector. While the accounting manager is initially viewed as an individual contributor, this person would play an active role supporting the monthly close process, and it is anticipated would be cross-trained in the key areas of the accounting function.
3Gtms, LLC is a leading provider of cloud-based end-to-end transportation management software (TMS) for omnichannel shipping for shippers, e-commerce companies, 3PLs and freight brokers.
Our solutions include 3G-TM, our multi-modal transportation planning, optimization, execution and settlement system; and Pacejet, our advanced multi-carrier shipping execution software.
Our solutions empower customers to make better shipping decisions and reduce freight costs while meeting their service goals.
Our #1 focus is to be a trusted partner, which is reflected in customer satisfaction and retention rates that are unmatched in the industry.
Areas of Responsibilities:
· AP coding and management;
· AR, billing and invoicing;
· Payroll accounting and entries;
· Fixed asset accounting;
· Deferred Revenue analysis and reconciliation;
· Accrual accounting and reconciliation;
· COGS accounting and appropriate cost allocation and recognition;
· Familiarity with SaaS software recognition policies;
· Familiarity with accounting in a multiple product line/revenue type environment;
· Familiarity with sales tax accounting & management;
· Cash management and bank account reconciliation.
Account Manager Requirements:
· Bachelors degree in Accounting;
· 5+ years of progressive, hands-on, accounting experience in a challenging and fast-paced environment with strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
· Strong experience with accounting software and databases and a propensity for mastering other tools and systems, such as Mavenlink, Avalara and other software;
· ERP experience required, NetSuite preferred
· Strong time management and organizational skills;
· Detail-oriented and deadline oriented with a strong passion for accuracy
· Mindset of continual improvement
· Columbus-area based
BusinessView all jobs at 3GTMS