- Posted: over a month ago
- $120,000 to $150,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, medical,
Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their growing team! Our client specializes in Small to Medium sized Government Contractor Businesses and the company prides on providing best-in-class accounting software with high quality professional services to include system implementation, administration and bookkeeping services.
Due to their continual growth, they are now seeking a Senior Accountant and Practice Manager to join their collaborative team.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for both external and internal Bookkeeping this role will be varied and fast paced.
As a Senior Accountant you will provide high level Bookkeeping & Accounting services to the portfolio of clients along with Bookkeeping for the Company itself. Your duties will include:
· Liaising with clients and gaining all necessary information
· Accounts Payable and Receivable
· Financial Statement preparation, Bank and Credit Card reconciliations
· Overseeing outsourced Payroll operations for staff and clients
· Providing Government Contractor consultation
· Reporting; management reporting and financial reporting
· Leading Functional implementation and use of NetSuite with DCAA-on-Demand software
The responsibility also includes a Practice Manager. As a Practice Manager you will be responsible for:
· Liaising with Accountants and Directors about our accounting needs in the Federal Government Contractor business sector
· Responsible for recruiting new staff members and managing the accounting staff
· Providing training and mentoring to Junior Bookkeepers and managing workflows
· Having a high level of Software knowledge and obtaining Suite Foundations Certification in NetSuite (training program provided)
· Heading any functional project work
· Contributing to changes in the company
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a confident and professional Bookkeeper/Accountant. You will have a strong background in accounting along with a keen interest in the practice management side of the company. You will also possess the following:
· At least 5 to 7 years' experience in Government Contract Accounting in a similar role is required
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
· Experience managing outsourced payroll is required
· Extensive experience using and implementing accounting software is required
· Strong communication skills are required
· Experience as a Practice Director is ideal
· Software experience: NetSuite is ideal
Our client has a strong focus on training and development. They are seeking a self-starter that can lead our new outsourced accounting practice. They have a collaborative team environment and hold regular social events including team lunches and an annual holiday party.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?