VP of Software Development and Data
- Posted: over a month ago
- $180,000 to $210,000 Yearly
We are a high growth regulatory approved online training and certification company. 360training is backed by one of the Premier Private Equity firms in the US and is looking to rapidly expand their nationwide footprint.
360training.com (with offices in Austin, TX, Karachi, PK, and Manila, PH) is a leader in online training and certification across a wide range of industries and professions. We focus on regulated training that helps ensure the health, safety, and financial security of customers and employees. We have trained more than 3 million users worldwide. Our integrated strategy of content, regulatory rigor, technology, and service helps organizations and professionals in a wide range of industries qualify for jobs, manage their careers, ensure compliance and certification needs are met, and most importantly improve the health, safety, and financial security of customers and employees. We provide exciting career opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are interested in joining a growing company focused on improving the outcomes for its customers and partners.
What makes us different?
At 360training, we promote a culture of excellence that fosters the success of our employees, while maintaining a team-centric environment which inspires them to do their absolute best. We are a fast paced, stable, and growing organization. One thing our associates get to experience is the ability to make an impact on day one of working here. Because we are a mid-sized organization, your impact is highly visible, and is highly valued and well recognized.
To Provide individuals and organizations regulatory-approved training, enabling a safe and healthy environment for the communities they serve.
To be the nation’s most trusted regulatory training provider.
360training is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Vice President of Software Development and Data. In this position, you will lead a development team (including resources offshore) supporting a growing and profitable online training company. You will work closely with CTO and internal stakeholders to ensure all Technology projects meet expectations, are aligned with long term technology architecture, and are delivered on time. Additionally, you will play a critical role in the integration of ongoing acquisitions of other companies. This role is an ideal role for an individual who aspires to develop into a future CTO.
Key Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Structure, lead, mentor, and organize a global team of engineers to align with the strategic objectives of the company and execute the product roadmap efficiently
- Responsible for strategic planning, directing, coordinating, and executing solutions to business problems that involve software development and data.
- Work closely with the CTO, CEO, and other Executives to lead the architecture of the platform and successfully guide the engineers to build the vision for the software
- Work with product management team to bring the vision of the product to life.
- Execution of large and complex projects that involve interaction with people across the company
- Identifying and implementing enhancements to 360 core platform as the company acquires companies in various sectors that are adjacent or new to our current offerings
- Conceptualizing technical solutions to business problems and working with teams across the company to get feedback and execute finalized requirements
- Responsible for leading and working on multiple complex implementations at a time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in a Java/Spring or .net preferably as a Lead Developer/Architect
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing engineering teams
- Experience with organizational design and structure for engineering and data teams with a track record of effectively aligning engineering practices with organizational strategy to deliver business results
- A passion for people management. You love empowering and developing team members. You have a strong track record of creating team cohesion to enable the team to achieve great things.
- Experience managing a remote team, ideally including overseas team.
- You understand that growing and engaging your team is one of the highest ROI activities you can do as a leader, and you found innovative ways to consistently do this.
- Experience aligning software engineering within a product-driven environment. You know how to set up and manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify opportunities for enhancements in current applications by reviewing code or database structures
- Ability to take initiative and move projects forward with limited direction
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work at a swift pace
- Ability to work with managers below to deploy the right resources for the project
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with building/establishing rapport with an array of people and teams
- Professional demeanor, goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible, and adaptable to new situations
- Passion for learning, trying new things, understanding what works and quickly adjusting what doesn't
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of web application programming, databases, and system design
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Deep understanding of database architecture, design, and optimization
- Deep knowledge of web-based applications
- Ability to read code in various languages (Java, C#, C++, and PHP) and suggest system improvements and/or architectural changes
- Ability to diagnose and resolve issues with system performance and/or resource contention with multiple databases (SQL Server, DB2, and mysql)
- Austin, TX Corporate Office or
Job Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
- Healthcare – a choice of medical plans, as well as dental and vision insurance is offered
- 401k Plan – Company matches 50% of the first 6% the employee contributes, per pay period
- Life Insurance – Company paid Life and Disability insurance with a coverage of $100,000, along with Short-Term and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Account Options – ability to set aside pre-tax dollars to cover medical goods, medical procedures, and dependent childcare expenses
- Vacation/Sick Time – Flex-Time Off policy combining vacation, sick and personal time into a single offering
- Other Benefits – Direct deposit, ability to work remotely
- Promotional Opportunities – We have a merit-based company culture that provides ample opportunities to be recognized, build valuable skills, and advance in your career. The opportunity for promotion is available to all employees twice every year based on performance and is subject to nomination from the reporting manager
- Annual Salary Range: $180,000 to $210,000
- Annual Target Bonus - 20% Target bonus plan based on annual salary and personal and company performance
How to Apply:
Please click the “Apply” link below to proceed with submitting your application for this job posting.
360training Com Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?