Dental Assistant Mobile - No Nights or Weekends
360care Toledo, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Reviews, verifies and maintains current and accurate clinical records, charts, and medical history through electronic medical records.
- Assures integrity of all documentation.
- Updates patient odontogram for every patient encounter.
- Efficiently passes instruments and supplies to the dentist for appropriate care being rendered.
- Maintains the treatment area by evacuation, washing, isolating, drying and illuminated properly.
- Provides daily feedback and works in conjunction with branch office to optimize dental schedule and reporting.
- Efficiently manages patient flow of facility visit and may push wheel chair.
- Balance and generate daily production reports and provide to dentist upon departure.
- Accurately posts the dental charges to the appropriate provider in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues and reports to proper resources.
- Maintains and schedules planned maintenance for dental equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used facility.
- Inspect and maintain the vehicles exterior and interior appearance, as well as, perform basic support undertakings like routine oil changes, refueling the vehicle, change break lights, etc.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by auditing stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Manage resources by preparing supplies with minimum waste or need for duplication.
- Ensure all dental equipment is working properly by completing preventive maintenance requirements, and following manufactures instructions.
- Assists dentist diagnosis by exposing and processing digital dental radiographs.
- Assist with education of patients on proper oral hygiene techniques.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Follows all OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty, and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School education or GED.
- Medical / Dental Assistant experience preferred.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance.
- Must have completed and passed a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Test.
- Must complete Covid screenings as required by state or facility.
- Hepatitis B vaccination is preferred.
- Must have state radiation license or certificate.
- Must have good computer skills and medical terminology experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients and doctors.
Must be willing to travel a 2 hr radius as needed
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Full time employees are eligible to participate in our benefits - health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K, and paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
HealthcareView all jobs at 360care