- Posted: over a month ago
360 Community Services is a Nebraska DHHS certified provider for specialized community-based programs and services with people with developmental disabilities, offering residential and day center placements, with services centered around individualized habilitation programs to increase the skills and independence of people with developmental disabilities.
Under the direction of the Director of Day Services, the Transportation Driver is responsible for providing non-emergency transportation to clients, that reside in the Omaha Metropolitan Area, to and from our Day Habilitation Center. This is a part-time position, including a daily morning route (6:30-9:00 A.M) and afternoon route (2:45-5:00 P.M). Candidates must have a clean driving record and are willing to authorize and pass a criminal background check. Wage is dependent on experience with consideration for those who have previously worked in the field and worked with wheelchairs vans.
Safe Transportation of Client(s) & Employees
- Comply with all 360 Community Services -Personnel Policies and Procedures as well as local, state, and federal motor vehicle regulations, laws, and ordinances. This includes the Department of Transportation requirements regarding safe operation of a 15- passenger vehicle.
- Maintain safe passage of all clients and employees through strict adherence of seat belts. For non-ambulatory clients, ensure wheelchairs are safely secured with agency approved harnesses as required by law.
- Ensure effective monitoring of clients via a 2nd or 3rd employee assigned to your route.
- Ensure the timely departure and return of each client by creating or following the most streamlined transportation route possible.
- Ensure clients are transported to the correct address/location and handoff procedures are followed with the client’s parent/guardian.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of Nebraska, follow all license restrictions and always keep driver’s license on person while operating a motor vehicle.
- Refrain from transporting clients, employees, and/or volunteers while smoking/chewing tobacco; consuming alcohol or illegal substances; or from taking medications that may impair vision, hearing, or reflexes prior to or while operating an agency motor vehicle.
- Refrain from using interactive wireless communication devices while operating a motor vehicle. Interactive wireless communication devices include, but are not limited to, mobile, or cellular-telephones, a text messaging device, personal digital assistants (PDA’s), audio-video players that send or receive messages, and laptop computers.
- Refrain from allowing any unauthorized individual to operate a motor vehicle owned or leased by 360 Community Services, including a temporary replacement vehicle.
- Notify the Director of Day Services immediately and to provide any additional notification to 360 Community Services as required by policies and procedures, if any of the following should occur:
- Suspended or revoked driver’s license for any reason.
- Citation for any moving violation, while operating a motor vehicle (including driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol).
- Involvement in a motor vehicle accident with or without client passengers on board.
- Any illness, injury, physical condition, or use of a medication that may impair or affect the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Ensure van is fueled regularly using agency’s P-Fleet gas cards.
- Maintain fuel & odometer records and submit reports to the Director of Day Service.
- Maintain the safe operation of vans through the completion of a pre-route van inspection, including monitoring check engine lights; checking oil, antifreeze, transmission, and windshield fluid levels; tire pressure; and functioning light bulbs.
- Submit inspection reports and/or notify the Director of Day Services immediately on vehicle issues that would affect the ability to safely operate the van.
- Ensure van is clean and sanitized following each route and conduct a full interior/exterior cleaning at an assigned Car Wash every month or as necessary.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Day Services on special projects related to transportation and/or Van Upkeep.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Expectations:
- DEPENDABILITY- Employee can be counted on to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with little supervision. Accepts responsibility when necessary to see that the job gets done.
- ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY- Is prompt and on time for work, assignments, and meetings. Notifies supervisor prior to lateness or absence. Understands that excess absences pose a hardship on other employees.
- QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF WORK - Cares about the quality and accuracy of work being produced. Accepts responsibility for completing job tasks. Uses time productively and efficiently.
- ATTITUDE - Demonstrates a cooperative, positive, and enthusiastic attitude toward fellow employees, clients, and visitors. Maintains a professional and positive attitude in carrying out assignments and is helpful and courteous to fellow employees.
- CONFIDENTIALITY- Know and always follows confidentiality law and procedures.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Is effective in written and oral expression. Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette and able to communicate easily with clients, referral sources, and visitors in an appropriate manner. Relates to clients and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner.
- CONDUCT - Conducts one’s self in a manner consistent with the organization’s code of ethics and the profession’s code of conduct. Shows professionalism in office setting.
- FLEXIBILITY / HANDLING EMERGENCIES - Responds well to changing situations or routines. Handles crisis calmly and professionally.
- JUDGEMENT - Able to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass a State & National background screen
- Clean (DMV) driving record with no violations in the past 3 years
- Must have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Knowledge and experience working with Developmentally Disabled individuals preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to bend, lift and carry objects of varying size weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while operating a motor vehicle.
- Monday- Friday (NO Weekends or Holidays)
- Part-time: Approximately 25-28 hours per week
- Morning Route: 6:30 A.M- -9:00 A.M.
- Afternoon Route: 2:45 P.M -5:00 P.M.
360 Community Services
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at 360 Community Services