- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of a Senior Officers, the Administrative Assistant provides excellent customer service and administrative support for senior officers, department directors, and external consumers. The responsibilities of this job include providing reception/clerical activities, office supply management, and completion of special projects. The Administrative Assistant position is a full-time position which requires dependable attendance, excellent written and verbal and communication, attention to detail, exceptional organization skills, and professional appearance.
- Provides a courteous and welcoming environment to our visitors, clients, families, and vendors by answering and directing phone calls, delivering messages, and provides assistance to consumers or defers as appropriate.
- Creates and files documents, and designs file systems as assigned. Prints, scans, shreds documents as requested.
- Sorts and distributes the mail (incoming and outgoing), which includes trips to USPS, UPS, and FedEx. Maintain supplies for mailings.
- Composes and/or edits letters, memos, reports, excel spreadsheets, policies, and procedures, etc., as assigned.
- Manages the ‘Conference Room’ shared calendar by entering meeting dates, communicating conflicts, and posting weekly.
- Serves as point-of-contact for questions and concerns from visitors, family members, and staff.
- Maintains office and day center supply inventory by tracking, distributing, and storing supplies. Includes online and in store shopping and distribution.
- Maintains office equipment including arranging service calls, trouble shooting, refilling paper, toner, water stations, etc.
- Orders business cards and other marketing materials as requested.
- Keeps the reception area, conference rooms, and training room neat and well-stocked.
SPECIAL PROJECTS/OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Completes special projects as determined by the Chief Financial, Chief Operations, and Chief Executive Officers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
Required Abilities and Expectations:
- Dependability: Employee can be counted on to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with little supervision. Accepts responsibility when necessary to see that the job gets done.
- Attendance and Punctuality: Is prompt and on time for work, assignments, and meetings. Notifies supervisor prior to lateness or absence. Understands that excess absences pose a hardship on other employees.
- Quantity and quality of work: Cares about the quality and accuracy of work being produced. Accepts responsibility for completing job tasks. Uses time productively and efficiently.
- Attitude: Demonstrates a cooperative, positive, and enthusiastic attitude toward fellow employees, clients, and visitors. Maintains a professional and positive attitude in carrying out assignments and is helpful and courteous to fellow employees.
- Confidentiality: Knowledgeable and always follows confidentiality law and procedures.
- Communication skills: Is effective in written and oral expression. Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette and able to communicate easily with clients, referral sources, and visitors in an appropriate manner. Relates to clients and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner.
- Conduct: Conducts oneself in a manner consistent with the organization’s code of ethics, profession’s code of conduct, and company dress code. Shows professionalism in office setting.
- Flexibility / handling emergencies: Responds well to changing situations or routines. Handles crisis calmly and professionally.
- Judgement: Able to exercise good judgment and discretion.
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum age of 19 years
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and active vehicle Insurance.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Associate Degree or college level Administrative or/and Secretarial courses preferred.
- Two (2) years of direct administrative/secretarial or related experience is required. Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of phone systems and phone/email etiquette.
- Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Skills in editing documents for proper punctuation and spelling.
- Skills in professional written and verbal communication.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to work Monday- Friday (8:00 am -4:00 pm)
- Ability to sit in front of and operate a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry objects of varying size weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to operate own vehicle to compete errands, go shopping, and deliver items to other site locations.
- Ability to complete all job duties in office and during business hours (Nonremote work position).
Benefits (waiting period requirements for eligibility):
- Dental, Vision, and Health insurance
- Short/Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays and PTO accrual
- 401k contribution/company match
360 Community Services
Get fresh Administrative Assistant Office Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.