We have an immediate position for an Electrical Engineer in the Orange County area. The primary duties of this position is to lead a team which includes responsibility for knowledge and execution of the technical aspects and deliverables of projects assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation of cost estimates and written reports.
- Ability to mentor and assign tasks and provides guidance to junior team members.
- Work with Senior Engineers and the Business Class Leader to identify and develop specific technical expertise and will attend training and seminars focused on further development and understanding of complex concepts related to their discipline.
- May also assist with developing technical papers and/or presentations that showcase technical capabilities at industry conferences or other events.
- Responsible for quality control reviews of projects from other teams on an as needed basis.
- Ability to work independently and may direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise efforts of less-experienced EIT's and/or Designers.
- Work independently on tasks and assist on larger, more complex projects.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Required Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- P.E. is required.
- 10 years of experience in electrical power system analysis, electrical system planning, protective device application and settings required.
- Previous experience as an Engineer working at a Utility Company.
- Experience with power system analysis software: ETAP, Cape, Aspen, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and electrical design software.
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
(P.E., Electrical Engineer, Power Industry, Engineer, Utilities)