Interim CTO - Automotive Industry - 100% Remote
- Over a month ago
JOB TITLE: Interim Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
INDUSTRY: Automotive, SaaS, mobile-commerce
DEPARTMENT: Dev Team
REPORTS TO: CEO
321 Ignition is the #1 mobile-commerce website provider for auto & RV dealerships. We are a 3.5-year-old SaaS startup focused on helping dealerships sell cars faster and improve the car shopping experience on a mobile device. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting co-workers around the world. Join us as we disrupt the automotive industry.
"It's easier to invent the future than to predict it."
- Alan Kay
We are seeking a talented interim CTO who's a senior Node.js and React full-stack software/web developer to help pioneer mobile commerce in the automotive industry.
You must have experience designing and building large and complex (yet maintainable) software and systems, and you should be able to do so in about one-third the time most competent people think possible. You'll be a hands-on software developer and leading a team of 10 off-shore developers tasked with making executive technology decisions on behalf of the company. Top-notch communication skills are essential. You will work directly under the CEO and act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company.
- Hands-on Node.js and React full-stack software/web developer of core product features
- Manage a team of 10 off-shore developers
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Technology stack: Node.js, React, MongoDB
- Front-end design & back-end expertise.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or the equivalent.
- MBA preferred.
- 8 years of hands-on software development experience.
- 5 years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye toward the future.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?