- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Physical Therapist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: CEO and Lead Therapist
Manages Others: Yes
Position Summary: This position provides physical therapy for pediatric patients. The Physical Therapist (PT) works with children and their families to deliver care in a safe, friendly environment according to 321go Kids’ Mission and Core Values.
Essential Functions and Duties: The following duties are not a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this role. Employees may be required to perform some or all of the duties listed, and may be required to perform additional duties as assigned:
- Work with children (birth through 18 years of age) of various diagnoses, including but not limited to autism, sensory processing, handwriting and dexterity issues, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome.
- Conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine therapy needs; develop a treatment plan in consultation with physicians and other health care providers.
- Test and monitor patient’s sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency and record results. Identify and document goals and anticipated progress.
- Evaluate, fit and adjust prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Provide rehabilitative programs to help restore physical function, improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities, deformities, or crippling.
- Provide services through exercise, stimulation, massage, and the use of assistive equipment and devices.
- Educate families regarding in-home exercise and activity programs and the use of assistive devices.
- Educate patients and their families about injury prevention, ergonomics, and overall health.
- Evaluate results of physical therapy by observing and evaluating patient’s progress; recommend and implement adjustments and plan modifications as necessary.
- Document patient therapy services accurately and timely.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient medical records.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by following all rules and protocols.
- Read assigned materials and maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and attending workshops.
- Supervise a Physical Therapist Assistant.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Willingness to serve according to the Mission and Core Values of 321go Kids.
- Ability to accurately self-assess and improve self-leadership along with new skill development
- Ability to coach and teach parents how to bring therapy into their everyday life.
- Knowledge of information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive healthcare measures.
- Knowledge of rehabilitative treatment techniques in treating special needs children.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards of pediatric physical therapy.
- Knowledge of equipment and instruments used in daily activities.
- Ability to think quickly and change the direction of therapy if needed.
- Ability to demonstrate proper transfer techniques of children of all sizes, ages, weights, and levels of development.
- Possess creativity, patience, and skills to work with special needs children and their families.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate thoughts.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with children of all ages, co-workers, families, and healthcare professionals.
Minimum Qualifications (Education / Experience / Licensure):
- Master’s degree in Physical Therapy
- Must have active Physical Therapist license in the state of Indiana
- Pediatrics experience preferred
- Continued participation in continuing education as required by the state of Indiana
Minimum Physical Requirements/Environment:
- Job involves physical movement, including standing, sitting, sitting on the floor, bending, squatting, walking, kneeling, etc.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
- Lifting weights of various amounts, depending upon the child’s weight.
- Environment is constantly changing, often stressful or noisy, primarily indoors. Some exposure to bodily fluids can be expected.
1912 Bundy Ave
New Castle, IN 47362
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
321Go Kids provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
321 Go Kids
HealthcareView all jobs at 321 Go Kids