- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Occupational Therapist
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Supervisor: CEO and Therapist Coordinator
Manages Others: Yes
Position Summary: This position provides occupational therapy for pediatric patients. The Occupational Therapist works with children and their families to deliver care in a safe, friendly environment according to 321go Kids’ Mission and Core Values.
Essential Functions and Duties: The following duties are not a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this role. Employees may be required to perform some or all of the duties listed, and may be required to perform additional duties as assigned:
- Work with children (birth through 18 years of age) of various diagnoses, including but not limited to autism, sensory processing, handwriting and dexterity issues, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, ADHD.
- Conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine therapy needs; develop a treatment plan in consultation with physicians and other health care providers.
- Provide rehabilitative programs to help restore child occupations including school skills, social participation, sleep hygiene, self-feeding, and dressing/ADL.
- Provide services through exercise, stimulation, massage, and the use of assistive equipment and devices.
- Educate families regarding in-home exercise and activity programs and the use of assistive devices.
- Educate patients and their families about injury prevention, ergonomics, and overall health.
- Identify and document goals and anticipated progress.
- Evaluate results of occupational therapy by observing and evaluating patient’s progress; recommend and implement adjustments and plan modifications as necessary.
- Document patient therapy services accurately and timely.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient medical records.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by following all rules and protocols.
- Read assigned materials and maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and attending workshops.
- Supervise Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA).
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Willingness to serve according to the Mission and Core Values of 321go Kids.
- Ability to accurately self-assess and improve self-leadership along with new skill development
- Ability to coach and teach parents how to bring therapy into their everyday life.
- Knowledge of rehabilitative treatment techniques in treating special needs children.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards of pediatric occupational therapy.
- Knowledge of equipment and instruments used in daily activities.
- Ability to think quickly and change the direction of therapy if needed.
- Ability to demonstrate proper transfer techniques of children of all sizes, ages, weights, and levels of development.
- Possess creativity, patience, and skills to work with special needs children and their families.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate thoughts.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with children of all ages, co-workers, families, and healthcare professionals.
Minimum Qualifications (Education / Experience / Licensure):
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
- Must have active Occupational Therapist license in the state of Indiana
- Pediatrics experience preferred
- Continued participation in continuing education as required by the state of Indiana
Minimum Physical Requirements/Environment:
- Job involves physical movement, including standing, sitting, sitting on the floor, bending, squatting, walking, kneeling, etc.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing.
- Lifting weights of various amounts, depending upon the child’s weight.
- Environment is constantly changing, often stressful or noisy, primarily indoors. Some exposure to bodily fluids can be expected.
321 Go Kids
AddressNew Castle, IN
HealthcareView all jobs at 321 Go Kids