Account Executive - Sales (Washington, DC Remote)
Why 2nd Watch
2nd Watch is in growth mode, and we are looking for outcome driven, focused team members who want to win and have fun doing it! We are looking for the most technically forward-thinking, cloud-passionate employees in the world, and strive daily to align our core values with those that we hire.
2nd Watch has a unique company culture and working environment that live and breathe success and promote pushing the envelope every day in your respective role at the company. This is what drives our teams - a perpetual thirst for knowledge, and a desire to work with the best people and take on big challenges together. Getting our attention takes creativity, integrity, a desire to improve yourself and your co-workers each day, and a track record of caring about who you are affecting, both positively and negatively, while you are getting the right stuff done.
About 2nd Watch
As a cloud native company, 2nd Watch has walked alongside our clients for over a decade helping them migrate to the cloud, accelerate application development, and deliver on their company's strategic goals through the blend of technology and innovation that is at our core. Our services deliver cloud native capabilities through strategic consulting, modernization services, and specialized technology practices focused on maximizing the value of public cloud through:
Datacenter Migration, Infrastructure & Architecture
Data and Analytics Advisory
Compliance, Security & Business Continuity
Managed Cloud Services
We believe that an organization's ability to reflect and respond to the rich diversity of our society profoundly impacts its ability to fulfill its mission and that diversity of thought and lived experiences fuels innovation and fosters sustainability. Accordingly, we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in our own company and in partnership with our clients and the individuals we serve daily.
At 2nd Watch we celebrate diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. 2nd Watch does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Account Executive - Sales
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Cloud Solution Sales expert to join the 2nd Watch Sales team in a fast paced, growth stage business that is accelerating its well-regarded leadership position in a game changing industry. The role will report directly to the Director, Sales and will be responsible for owning and building their assigned territory.
We are looking for someone who enjoys variety, thrives on molding ambiguity into meaningful action, brings energy and team-oriented enthusiasm to their work, and has demonstrated experience in building a successful book of business in a greenfield territory. This role will provide the right candidate the opportunity to contribute and grow in an environment surrounded by smart, driven, and fun people, while having a tremendous impact on company-wide execution that brings the right outcomes for our clients and our business. A successful candidate will be a true hunter and have a proven track record of building and maintaining a large book of business in the enterprise and SMB space.
The ideal candidate is someone who...
- Enjoys working in a rapid growth environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
- Brings a network and experience selling to enterprise and SMB clients in the technology space
- Demonstrates experience developing account growth strategies to drive the sales lifecycle from prospecting to closing
- Is familiar with all players in the cloud ecosystem including CP, SaaS, ISVs, etc.
- Is a World Class Communicator across every facet of the organization
- Strives to make themselves and everyone around them better
- Is Selfless, thinks team first, and has a relentless drive to "win"
- Has a passion for selling services to large enterprises
- Develop a strong presence within territory with both customers and partners.
- Drive revenue and market share within defined territory.
- Develop and execute against territory plan to consistently deliver quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop and manage relationships with enterprise and mid-market customers in Fortune 2000.
- Accelerate customer adoption of cloud managed and professional services through education and engagement.
- Position 2nd Watch as a trusted, strategic business partner to customer with differentiated value proposition.
- Effectively qualify opportunities to ensure greatest return on time and resource investment.
- Use consultative /solution selling methodology to understand business problems and define solutions.
- Translate customer's critical business and technology issues into profitable cloud and services opportunities.
- Leverage internal resources at multiple levels to build and deliver the best solution for the customer.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen by presenting solutions to decision makers (CXO, VP) on an ROI basis.
- Fully understand customer's decision-making process to create and execute a predictable closing plan.
- Negotiate and close managed services and professional services agreements at the executive-level.
- Engage partners to develop and execute joint selling approach to customers where appropriate.
- Manage numerous accounts concurrently and strategically.
- Provide accurate monthly/quarterly revenue forecast through disciplined sales and pipeline methodology.
- Prospect on a continual basis to ensure net new business pipeline targets are consistently met.
- Proactively build and expand on existing customer relationships to drive net new revenue opportunities.
- Utilize customer relationships, professional networks and other industry forums to create new opportunities.
- 5-7 years of quota carrying cloud services, enterprise software or professional services sales experience.
- Track record of successfully carrying a quota of at least $4M.
- Track record of exceeding quota (top 10%-20% of company) in past positions in enterprise or mid-market.
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to executive-level decision maker (CXO, VP).
- Experience negotiating and closing software and services contracts, including proposal and SOW creation.
- Experience building strong relationships with customers and partners.
- Hunter approach to business development and prospecting
- Strong knowledge and experience in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, GCP and other service offerings.
- Experience selling Dev/Sec Ops, Application Modernization/Software Engineering solutions a plus
- Previous consultative selling or solution selling methodology and process training.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar customer relationship management software like Hubspot or Microsoft CRM.
- Be highly adaptable and thrive in an environment where revenue solves all problems.
- Travel to and within territory as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Benefits and Perks of working at 2nd Watch
Beyond an amazing, collaborative work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries and all employees are bonus eligible
- 401(k) with for all employees
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and up to 90% paid for family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- Generous time off policy
* Colorado, California, Washington, New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary for this position is $150k - $180k annually
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
2nd Watch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. 2nd Watch does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
2nd WatchWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.