Marketing Account Manager
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission - to eliminate the back row in education - and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world's leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings - from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We're Looking For:
The Partner Marketing Lead is responsible for driving marketing value, adoption and growth across a suite of universities and programs. They are a key external and internal marketing stakeholder, laser focused on developing and leveraging effective marketing-forward school partnerships that support, nurture and grow partner marketing engagement to drive impact in the overall business. Reporting to a Senior Manager, Partner Marketing, this role builds and leverages effective relationship management to drive marketing strategy and partner engagement. They are accountable for the external relationships for multiple programs and universities, across all business lines, and goaled towards effective partner engagement that directly results in business growth and success. Partner Marketing Lead is responsible for overall program performance of their portfolio through the active engagement with both internal and external stakeholders to drive focused and effective marketing strategies that deliver business results.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Establishes and upholds productive marketing relationships between 2U marketing and partner institutions within an assigned portfolio of standard complexity.
- Collaboratively determines and executes appropriate cadenced communication plan with school stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient brand stewardship that supports the program's strategic marketing plan.
- Engages as a trusted advisor and brand steward with, and for, the partner, leading proactive and productive partner discussions to align objectives, drive growth strategies and create successful outcomes.
- Manages direct, scoped and regular contact with partners to ensure progress against marketing strategies, performance and growth objectives
- Secures partner and/or internal approvals on new projects/initiatives, navigates partner and business requests and feedback, create and manages jira tickets, collaborates on creatives briefs, logs call, meeting and incident reports
- Provides partner with regular performance feedback and reporting
- Goaled with improving/maintaining partner sentiment and increasing go-to-market speed with partner review to support achievement of established business goals
- Drives marketing narrative with partners and internal stakeholders to support achievement of university and 2U business goals
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking partner funnel and collaborating with strategic internal stakeholders to optimize funnel performance.
- Proactively engages internal teams and escalates appropriately to address performance and partner concerns as appropriate against 2U business goals
- Ensures strategic and creative deliverables are aligned with partner brand, strategy and business goals
- Proactively engage with Marketing Strategy to uncover opportunities, trends and insights by vertical to grow and strengthen strategic marketing approach
- Responsible for identifying and implementing strategies and tactics that optimize funnel performance within Portfolio
- Works closely and autonomously with each program's General Manager/Program Management/Director within their portfolio to ensure proper alignment and execution of marketing strategies and program objectives.
- Attend and participate in business critical internal meetings (PLTs, etc) and strategy planning
- Maintains and keeps current partner specific "playbook" to document and support continuity of historical context, institutional knowledge and partner relationship nuance.
- Collaborates with internal teams to provide necessary context and insight to drive performance and relationship growth, as well as strategy
- Proactively and independently identifies and nurtures growth opportunities with partners and internal stakeholders that advance partner relationship and marketing effectiveness to improve program performance
- 3-5 years as a Account Manager, Marketing Manager, Communications Specialist, Strategist or similar job function, either in agency, educational, digital marketing or corporate setting
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or similar a plus
- Client facing agency experience highly preferred
- Experience in driving marketing strategy from concept to execution
- Skilled at using data to develop marketing brief and project plan to impact business results
- Skilled at communicating to and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Experience across a variety of digital marketing tactics
- Background in data fluency, with drive to develop mastery within 2U's specific business model
- Exposure or interest in lead generation/acquisition marketing a plus
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere
- Ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you're excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us - and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($75,000-$85,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we've taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings - from free courses to full degrees - and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world's top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there - we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
BusinessView All 2U Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.