Curriculum Manager, Technical Sales
2U Lanham, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
What We're Looking For:
2U Bootcamps have changed the lives of tens of thousands of learners by providing practical, skills-based training in technical fields. We're now extending our efforts to help learners enter the exciting and fast-growing world of Technology Sales. We're hiring a Curriculum Manager to develop a best-in-class Tech Sales bootcamp curriculum and manage the launch of this new product.
The Curriculum Manager is responsible for leading and collaborating with a team of subject matter experts, technical writers, and project managers to create boot camp products that teach marketable skills to help students land jobs in technology sales. In addition to ensuring that program content meets requirements, deadlines, and targets, you will also be the arbiter of quality, working to ensure that the curriculum is highly instructive, engaging, and teachable, while achieving or surpassing expected learning outcomes for our students.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience in B2B/SaaS Sales as well as creating and teaching technical sales training. Additionally, you should be capable of managing agile projects and cross-functional teams, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements. You should always strive for quality but also know when to "go pencils down" and ship a product, working iteratively to continue to improve based on feedback.
This is a fully remote position, but to encourage team connectedness (e.g. ease with getting to team off-sites etc.) we prefer to hire individuals within 50 miles of one of our office locations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- You will recruit, hire, and lead a team of technical subject matter experts (curriculum engineers) and other stakeholders, working to establish, manage, and execute against agile delivery project plans for bootcamp program content
- You will coordinate with subject matter experts and editorial teams to ensure that course content is instructive, engaging, and teachable
- You will work with senior leadership to inform the vision, architecture, and roadmap for program design and development
- You will track team resources against budget to ensure we deliver program content in a timely fashion
- You will utilize data from learner analytics, instructor feedback, and external partners to make data-driven product improvement and roadmap decisions
- You will coordinate with instructor recruitment, admissions training, partner accounts, and other stakeholders to plan for and measure the success of program pilots and launches
- You will participate in daily scrum to ensure your team is on track to complete work on time and plan ahead for dependencies, capabilities, or vulnerabilities that might jeopardize quality releases
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- You have 3-5 years of experience training and/or managing entry-level sales talent, especially at B2B tech companies
- You know what it takes to succeed in an enterprise-level SDR role, and have a perspective on what skills, frameworks, and technologies successful SDRs should develop
- You have experience managing training content for adult learners, including roles that involve project management and team leadership
- You have subject matter expertise with relevant analytical tools and CRM technologies, including but not limited to:
- You ideally have experience working in or managing an agile development environment
- You are a leader motivated by helping others through mentorship, collaboration and support.
- You are a strategic thinker who is capable of identifying problems and providing solutions with strong attention to detail.
- You are comfortable as a project owner who can supervise and deliver highly polished deliverables consistently and on time.
- You are an effective communicator with clear writing and solid presentation skills.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $90,000, with potential bonus eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate's assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
BusinessView all jobs at 2U