Sr. Manager, Innovation
24 Hour Fitness, INC. San Ramon, CA
- Posted: July 15, 2020
LOCATION 12647 Alcosta Blvd San Ramon CA 94583
The Sr. Manager - Innovation will focus on 2-3 core initiatives within the growing innovation portfolio (new fitness offerings, digital experience, reimagination of retail channels and multichannel member journeys) based on findings from the strategic Innovation work; Sr. manager will work on identifying and framing new opportunities, sizing and developing action plans to realize value, overseeing and supporting proof of concept, piloting and developing rollout plan together with a cross-functional team of SMEs and regular collaboration with operations and field teams. This role will have high visibility across the Strategy team, and will work with multiple functions in the organization (Fitness, Operations, Marketing).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Refine and develop initiatives / projects within the Innovation portfolio:
- Works with Sr. Director of innovation to identify and prioritize new opportunities and partnerships based on value, fit with the strategy, feasibility, etc.
- Represents Innovation and provides expertise in a cross-functional environment
- Develops the sizing of initiatives, sets targets and KPIs for proof of concept, pilot and rollout phases
- Develops robust project plans, key questions, deliverables and outcomes
- Develops tracking templates and process to ensure results delivery
- Establishes key analysis and insights to support the development of strategic priorities for the company working in conjunction with organizational leaders and senior leadership
- Serves as the "center of excellence" on analysis and supporting the development of critical KPIs and reporting dashboards used in evaluating business and program effectiveness
- Works cross-functionally to conduct and analyzes consumer research providing insight on strategic initiatives for the company and for individual businesses.
M&A and Strategic Partnerships: 10%
- Works with Sr. Director of Innovation to assess buy vs build options and potential acquisitions for the Innovation offering
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Innovation. Position is a key collaborator with Sr. Leaders and will work closely with all levels of team members across organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical toolkit including ability to develop, run and create output in excel
- Proven ability to communicate to executive audience and gain support even when challenged
- Self-starter with a positive, team orientated attitude
- Experience in delivering large projects and engaging a cross-functional team
- Able to build and enhance important high-level internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated business results from program implementation.
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to interpret consumer trends and research and implement relevant and actionable strategic programs.
- Flexible and adaptable to change. Able to manage multiple responsibilities under pressure.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
- MBA or Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of progressive experience in multi-unit retail or consulting settings
- 2-3 years of strategy consulting experience at a Top Tier Firm (Bain, BCG, McKinsey) likely in the Associate role or recent MBA graduate with consulting / strategy / investment banking experience prior to graduate school
- Experience driving strategy for large multi-unit organizations
- Must work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Normal day-to-day business operations including using a keyboard, walking, bending and reaching
- Travel will be 30% of role, but will vary depending on requirements.
- Ability to travel to field locations in California, Texas, Colorado including IT center in Carlsbad California, our web/app development company in Austin Texas, and concept clubs near offices.
- Master's Degree
Work Experience and Qualification
- Prior experience working with Bain, BCG, or McKinsey consulting, investment banking or strategy at a large consumer centric company with retail presence
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Business Development