Reporting to the Business Administrator, Customer Service Representatives directly interface with customers and work to ensure customer requests for products and services are satisfied. Customer Service Reps perform the following major job functions:
- Offer a consultative approach to meeting customer demands.
- Effectively manage accounts by ensuring requested products and/or services are provided within the desired delivery date.
- Coordinate internally and externally to place orders for each customer to meet customer needs
- Follow-up to ensure the customers? requests and overall safety needs are satisfied
- Develops and maintains a functional knowledge of Company products and services
- Ensure data integrity by maintaining an accurate account of customer interactions in a timely manner.
- Direct interaction and first point of contact with customers
- Utilize all available resources to reach out to prospects and attempt to turn those prospects into customers
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Address customer needs and process Quotes and Orders promptly
- Expedite all Distribution open Sales Orders
- Assist in covering breaks, lunches, and vacations for the receptionist as needed
- Keep updated client information
- Build relationships with customers and meet their needs in a timely manner
- Practice courtesy in all dealings with co-workers and managers
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor
- Sincere and Committed to Customer Service & Safety
- Accurate and Productive to Support Quality
- Fearlessly Ethical, Fair and Consistent to ensure Organizational Integrity and Safety Compliance
- Empowered to support engaged growth by ensuring team collaboration, development and motivation
- Ready & Urgent Subject Matter Leader
- Minimum High School Diploma required. Associates degree or higher preferred
- Three plus years? industrial inside sales/customer service experience managing external client accounts required OR safety equipment or services purchasing experience within the industrial safety or environmental industry.
- 2+years in industrial outside sales preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Two plus years ERP experience required. Knowledge of NAVISION a plus
- Inside Sales/Customer Service experience within the safety industry highly preferred
- Experience selling mill supply/metal tools required
- Strong computer skills and understanding of spreadsheets
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with little to no direction
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to travel a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be in a stationary position over 90% of the time. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The person will constantly operate a computer, speak over the phone, utilize a keyboard and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to converse verbally to exchange accurate information. Must be able to visually scan documents in detail to detect and identify needs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time, direct hire position. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5pm. Overtime or weekend hours may be needed.
- Medical, Dental, Short-term, Long-term, Life and Dental Insurance plus so much more
- Quarterly Safety & Production Incentive Bonus
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We recognize each individual?s potential to offer significant contributions to our organization?s growth and stability.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.