The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting with the preparation of prescriptions (including oral oncolytics), managing inventory and maintaining detailed documentation in compliance with established procedures as well as federal state regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare prescribed medications in an accurate, safe and timely fashion for pharmacist review.
- Ensure insurance approval prior to preparing orders when applicable; assist with pre-certification, patient assistance, and referrals as needed.
- Inventory medications/drugs, maintain records and order drugs as needed; receive and stock products
- Keep pharmacy organized and clean, check for outdated medications and maintain accurate logs
- Assist the pharmacist with answering phones, faxing and documentation as needed
- Monitor and track medication inventory; prepare labels; document changes
- Order drugs/medications under the supervision of the pharmacist
- Other duties as delegated by the pharmacist
- Maintain patients’ confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA
- Attend company/departmental meetings as well as educational programs as needed
- 3+ years experience of retail pharmacy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma
- Pharmacy Technician Licensure in the State of Florida required (CPhT)
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
Job Description Clause
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
21st Century Oncology