ISG (Integrated Solutions Precision Ag) Consultant
21st Century Equipment Ogallala, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
21st Century Equipment LLC is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to fill the role of Integrated Solutions Precision Ag Consultant. Candidate should have precision agriculture technology and agronomy experience as well as excellent communication, organization, and time management skills. Minimum qualification of a Bachelor of Science Degree – Agronomy, Crop/Soil Science, Engineering, or Agribusiness preferred. Proficiency and experience with field and office precision farming equipment and geospatial data is imperative – including rigorous computing, analysis, and critical thinking skills. Frequent remote consultation with customers and training of customers and employees is involved so candidates must possess outstanding customer service skills. CCA certification is advantageous, but not required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, perform other physical tasks like climbing, installing, and repairing equipment. Some overnight travel is required. Benefits include Health & Dental/Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Traditional & Roth 401k with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation & Holidays, and more. Salary range based on experience $50,000-$70,000/year. May include incentives and/or bonuses up to additional $10,000/year. EOE.
21st Century Equipment, LLC
JOB TITLE: ISG (Integrated Solutions) Consultant
REPORTS TO: Integrated Solutions Manager
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: External contacts with Agricultural Customers, Educational Institutions, and John Deere Company Personnel. Internal contacts with Company Salesmen, Parts & Service Personnel, and Location Managers.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for field and office customer support activities and internal training and support activities related to the ISG and precision farming activities of the Company.
These activities include, but are not limited to map-based seeding, fertilization and irrigation prescription and zone preparation; implementing crop identity systems; manipulating geospatial data within office record keeping systems including myjohndeere.com, APEX, and other industry systems; analyzing and integrating soils maps, aerial imagery and other GIS/electronic data sources; applying soil moisture monitoring/management tools and practices; field service, demonstration and repair of customer ISG equipment as required; and implementing new ISG related applications as they are introduced to the industry.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (listed in order of importance):
- Be the company “expert” in leading precision farming practices in North America
- Provide high level expertise in field and office record keeping/analysis software
- Provide agronomic decision support to external customers
- Conduct large-group training with internal and external customers
- Assist internal and external customers with product and related services specification
- Attend regional and national industry conferences to maintain expertise
- Develop professional liaison with ISG factory personnel and other specialists in North America
- Develop an ongoing “Needs Analysis” of the Company’s internal training and growth plans
- Provide input on programs to increase use of ISG products by the Company’s customers
- Maintain “leading edge” image of the Company’s ISG related suite of products and services
- Monitor competitive products, capabilities and pricing to maintain and improve the Company’s market presence
- Provide materials/testimonials to support the Company’s advertising plans
- Organize customer demonstration and training activities to support ISG sales
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum BS – Engineering, Agribusiness, or Agronomy (Crop/Soil Science)
- Experience with related precision farming equipment and geospatial data required. Field Agronomy experience useful. CCA Certification is advantageous.
- Strong agronomy/agricultural economics background, education, training and expertise
- Highly competent in precision farming practices utilized in the western corn belt
- Fundamental understanding of current and evolving GPS, sensor, automation, and AI technology in North America
- Fundamental expertise in utilization of ISG field hardware components
- Highly competent in all JD ISG products and services as well as competitive GPS-related products
- Have working knowledge of current irrigation systems used in the western corn belt
SPECIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Excellent computer and interpersonal skills. Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks. Excellent communication skills (written & verbal). Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented with structured approach to planning, organization and time management. Innovative, entrepreneurial, and goal-oriented.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift 50 lbs, extensive hours on a computer, frequent overnight travel, easily accessible to customers on a 24/7 basis during peak use season, and comfortable in a large-group training environments.
***THIS COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLOYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT WILL.” THE AFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.***
Powered by JazzHR
21st Century Equipment
AgricultureView all jobs at 21st Century Equipment