Spa - Massage Therapist
21c Museum Hotels Durham, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
21c Museum Hotels is committed to the Health and Safety of our teammates and guests. We have collaborated with top physicians in the fight against COVID-19 to revise our already stringent cleaning protocols to providing the safest workplace as possible. These new protocols include:
- Social Distancing: We have added signage throughout our properties to encourage distancing among our teammates and guests. We have also spaced our various fixtures within our properties, such as tables in our restaurants to encourage safe distancing.
- Required Use of Masks: Teammates and guests alike are required to wear masks at all times while in public spaces within our properties. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Health Screenings: All teammates and guests are required to go through a brief health screening process before entering our properties, this includes touchless temperature checks and a health questionnaire about possible exposure as well as symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of our public spaces, particularly of those high-touch areas, such as door handles, handrails and elevator buttons.
- Frequent Hand Washing: All teammates are required to wash their hands frequently for at least 20 seconds while working. We have also increased the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout our property to prevent the spread of germs or other contaminants.
General Purpose: To provide each guest with excellent guest service while performing massage and body treatments that best fit the guests' needs.
- Gets to know all guests who enter the Spa.
- Offers the highest level of personalized service while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic, helpful and professional attitude with all guests and team members
- Provides consistent massage and body treatments as directed in training classes and accepted certification practices.
- Properly cares for equipment and product used throughout the spa facility.
- Understands the importance of punctuality for spa appointments.
- Communicates and describes in an articulate manner the spa offerings and their benefits.
- Discusses treatments with guests, comparing and contrasting the different services on the menu.
- Recommends and upsells services that fit the guests' needs.
- Provides information and knowledge to promote skin care programs that will benefit the guests.
- Possesses complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Handles guest questions and concerns with professionalism and courtesy.
- Responds to guest requests immediately, accurately, and appropriately.
- Understands the importance of and committed to continuing education.
- Upholds the standards of sanitation, sterilization, restocking rooms, and the product area.
- Maintains an understanding of the spa industry and spa philosophy (balance, relaxation, unity, and a healthy lifestyle).
- Understands that as a representative of the Spa they will maintain a healthy, fit appearance and a positive attitude.
- Maintains a clean, safe, stocked and well organized work area.
- Maintains spa appearance and cleanliness.
- Assists in all areas of the spa operation as directed by management.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Participates in scheduled meetings as requested.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of the position.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, weekend, and holidays based on the needs of the facility.
- Must be able to receive the various services that are offered on our spa menu and be a model for the training of new teammates when requested.
- Must comply with rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facility.
- Maintains a friendly pleasant and professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Demonstrates a passion and desire for excellence.
- Excellent, reading writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Comfortable with performing treatments in-room.
- Understands and follows Bloodborne Pathogens procedures.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Cooperative and friendly attitude.
- Able to be efficient in a fast paced environment.
- Able to perform basic math.
- Must pass a background check.
- Passed the required courses and hours necessary to obtain a license in the field.
- 500 hours massage training and education in various modalities such as Swedish, Sports, Deep tissue, and Pregnancy massage. Specialized education in other modalities, 1-3 years required.
- Previous customer service required.
- Experience with an upscale clientele preferred.
- Experience administering treatments to male and female guests in a professional manner required.
- Must be able to stand up to 10 hours per day. Length of time of these tasks may vary.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by environmental systems.
- Many work tasks are performed with various strong aromatic products.
- Must be able to move quickly and efficiently in order to reach team members and guests in a timely manner
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening, hearing ability and visual acuity
- Speaking and listening occur continuously in the process of communication with guest, management, and team members.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printer, multi touch tone phones, filing cabinet, fax machines, photocopiers and other office equipment.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
21c Museum Hotels
HealthcareView all jobs at 21c Museum Hotels