Housekeeping - Lobby Attendant / Public Area Overnight
- Expired: September 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you.
Reports To: Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Manager
General Purpose: Cleans and prepares public areas according to an established standard of cleaning to assure guest satisfaction and the property's overall appearance.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning carts with supplies for daily use, and constantly organizes coaches and cabinets in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets, and fixtures in rooms, public areas, and hallways to maintain a clean and presentable facility.
- Uses ladders or stools occasionally to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s), and walls.
- Replaces towels, soaps, and all room amenities. Restocks literature that has been removed or soiled by previous guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas. Floor cleaning includes mopping and buffing of floors and stripping and waxing of floors as assigned or needed.
- Dust and polish all furniture, fixtures, and wall hangings, using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas, and hallways operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture to vacuum the entire carpet area, including underneath tables and hard-to-reach areas.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys, and supplies to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties assigned, requested, or deemed necessary by management.
- Assists other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during the entire work day.
- Must understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to bend down and get on and off the floor numerous times daily.
- Must pass a background check.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience is a plus but not required.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
21c Museum Hotels
AddressKansas City, MO
HousekeepingView all jobs at 21c Museum Hotels
Get fresh Overnight Lobby Attendant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.