Front Desk Agent
21c Museum Hotels Oklahoma City, OK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you. The starting wage for this position is $15 per hour.
Reports To: Front Desk Supervisor/Front Office Manager
General Purpose: With the goal of providing a superior experience, the Front Desk Agent is the face and voice of 21c, involved in any and all aspects of the guest experience. The Front Desk Agent is responsible for knowing all property services and amenities, welcoming guests, checking guests in and out, in addition to coordinating guest experience prior to arrival.
- Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Accepts incoming calls, assists outgoing calls, scheduling, setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Processes all guest mail, messages and faxes: receives, sorts, notifies and distributes to guests in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the most timely and accurate method possible.
- Stays up to date on gift shop merchandise, provides guests with information and processes gift shop sales.
- Relays art exhibition information to guests.
- Contributes and maintains established information and communications sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the hotel.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Knows standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
- Standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, copier, cash register, PC, fax machine, and PBX machine.
- Must pass a background check.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
21c Museum Hotels
AddressOklahoma City, OK
TourismView all jobs at 21c Museum Hotels