- Posted: over a month ago
If you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you.
Reports To: Food & Beverage Director
Supervises: Event staff of approximately 20 people
General Purpose: The Event Manager coordinates the planning and execution of events scheduled in the hotel's event spaces. Working with the Event Sales Manager and Executive Chef, the Event Manager guides clients in planning all aspects of their events, from the menu to decor, and shows the Banquets & Catering team in fulfilling and exceeding the client's vision and expectations.
- Ensures successful events, exceeding client needs and company profitability guidelines.
- Plans and executes all 21c/in-house events
- Assists Event Sales Manager with incoming customer inquiries and develop relationships with new customers, including
- menu selection
- audio visual needs
- table set up
- special requests
- updating of BEOs through Delphi
- Coordinates with Event Sales Manager & Executive Chef to ensure profitable bookings.
- Evaluates each piece of catering business with the Event Sales Manager to ensure the business can be properly serviced.
- Creates innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups.
- Develops strong communication with the Executive Chef and Food & Beverage staff team.
- Develops a preferred vendors list and maintain vendor relationships.
- Develops, maintains, and executes training programs for all events team members.
- Assists with PR/marketing efforts for new business and 21c/restaurant-sponsored events
- Overall Knowledge of product/services
- Answers questions from clients confidently
- Sells items and services that we offer and can execute successfully
- Generates creative and innovative menus while working closely with our Chef.
- Maintains and implements efficient set up & tear down details and processes
- Hands-on management of events
- Interacts with the on-site contact and assists with any requests in a professional and courteous manner
- Monitors server hours/over-time
- Organizes return of any rentals
- Directs Supervisor of Event Captains and B&C team
- Maintains a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrates clear, concise written and verbal communication skills with the team.
- Adheres to deadlines for both clients and internal departments.
- Maintains lines of communication between B&C and the restaurant.
- Primary communicator to host stand and Open Table for PDR events
- Provide information about associated hotel and F&B services to guests.
- Follows accounting and HR processes regarding revenue reporting and staff relations
- COGS checkbook reconciliation
- Personnel Action Forms up to date on all teammates
- Tracks staff calendar
- Conducts interviews, hires B&C staff, implements training, and evaluates staff regularly
- Update Delphi regarding events, menus, etc.
- Upkeep of all signage, menus, food labels, etc.
- Inform 21c Management Team of daily events and specific needs for events
- Update Event needs in Daylight
- Update posted BEOs restaurant BOH team
- Provide clients with quick and informative responses to all event inquiries
- Lead weekly BEO meetings
- Distribute finalized BEOs each Thursday to restaurant BOH and Host stand
- Inventory B&C supplies and place orders for upcoming week of B&C events (linens, a/v, soda, etc.)
- Create and distribute B&C team schedule
- Review Income Journals for accuracy of covers and categorization
- Review B&C staff time clock activity for accuracy bi-weekly
- Perform accurate inventory of the Banquet Kitchen
- Review General Ledger and reconcile with Checkbook
- Assist Event Sales Manager with B&C Executive Summary
- Develop and lead quarterly B&C team training
- Participate in annual budget development for the B&C department
- Requires advanced knowledge of Event Planning. It may require a considerable working knowledge of other significant areas in the hotel and the skill to integrate and communicate that information.
- Competent with Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office and familiar with industry-standard software.
- Demonstrated management skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c.
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to carry full-service trays comfortably.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Four-year college degree preferred
- At least four years working in Event Planning
21c Museum Hotels is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
21c Museum Hotels
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at 21c Museum Hotels
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?