- Posted: 23 days ago
If you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for you. The starting wage for this position is $19 per hour.
Reports To: Event Manager, Assistant Event Manager
General Purpose: The Event Captain leads the event staff during a specific event, ensuring that Event Servers and Bartenders can operate as efficiently as possible while providing exceptional guest-focused service.
- Meets client needs and exceeds client expectations to successfully execute each event.
- Creates a positive and motivated atmosphere for teammates.
- Provides leadership support to Banquets and Catering Team.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with guests, groups, and teammates from other departments.
- Communicates clearly verbally and in writing with Event Manager and Kitchen team to secure all details/tools necessary to execute events. Assists with maintaining lines of communication between B&C and hotel/restaurant/etc.
- Knows and understands procedures, terminology and techniques used in the B&C department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ingredients of all food and beverage items served and available for a function.
- Manages execution of on-site events in cooperation with event staff per directions of Events Manager and according to standards in the B&C Standards & Tools manual.
- Oversees set-up/tear-down details and processes.
- Interacts with the on-site contact and assists with impromptu requests; confidently answers client questions and solves client problems.
- Confidently answers staff questions, resolves issues arising during events, and remains calm in chaotic situations.
- Monitors staffing and scheduling, making adjustments to minimize expenses while ensuring an exceptional event.
- Performs any task related to execution and running of events, including filling in for event servers as necessary.
- Completes a walk-thru at conclusion of every event.
- Completes end of event paperwork, including, but not excluded to accounting, inventory, payroll report, etc.
- Summarizes event in Event Captain Log with a concise written report of event details.
- Knows and speaks knowledgably about products, features and services offered by hotel and restaurant.
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests in hotel/restaurant, not just those attending event.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled shift.
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, punctual, organized.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be able to carry full service tray comfortably.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
21c Museum Hotels
FoodView all jobs at 21c Museum Hotels
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?