Service Manager - Commercial HVAC
2020 Search Partners Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Top 5 Must Haves For The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years of working knowledge in Commercial/Industrial Refrigeration and HVAC.
- At least 2 years of management experience leading field and office personnel.
- Can read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics and control circuits related to HVAC, Refrigeration, and Electrical.
- Technical aptitude and advanced mechanical skills to relate with field technicians when additional support needed.
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of proficiency in Microsoft programs and HVAC service/job costing/dispatch software.
Our client is a leader in the commercial/industrial HVAC service industry. As a licensed general contractor, mechanical contractor, and HVAC contractor, our client provides turn-key design / build projects from large chillers and hydronics solutions to HVAC upgrades / change-outs.
- Schedules, directs and provides technical support for technicians to meet service demands and customer expectations.
- Supervises and directs the technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, installation, start-up, operation, and requirements.
- Review technicians work to ensure quality meets established standards and safety requirements. Makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity.
- Dispatch technicians daily and assign work requests properly based on skill level of each technician.
- Communicates daily with GM with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time of completion with assigned jobs, labor hours and material used.
- Maintains communication with vendors and technicians concerning parts and labor warranty issues, operational problems with products and premature failures.
- Reviews daily invoices and follow up from completion notes written by technicians. Ensure technicians have correctly followed through with their own recommendations and/or parts ordered to complete assigned work request.
- Specifies and makes sure that required parts are ordered in a timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met.
- Promotes a selling culture with technicians to offer parts and services while in the field.
- Oversees assigned service vehicles, monitors vehicle maintenance to ensure they are being maintained to company policy.
- Monitor and direct technicians to maintain effective “truck stock” parts inventory.
- Strong multi-task skills are required while utilizing company phone and computer.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills.
Compensation & Location
This position is in Seattle, WA. This is a full-time position that is available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that will include a base salary, performance bonus and comprehensive benefits; and if needed a relocation assistance package will be provided. This opportunity requires authorization to work in the United States.
2020 Search Partners
BusinessView all jobs at 2020 Search Partners