Project Sales Engineer
2020 Search Partners Newark, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are saving the planet, one building at a time. Did you know that ~30% of a commercial building’s greenhouse gas emissions are produced by heating and cooling? Our client has 30 years of experience helping commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings operate at peak efficiency through proactive maintenance and technical expertise. Building owners that are renovating an existing building, trying to find a solution to a recurring problem, or constructing a new facility turn to our client to provide innovative, cost-effective solutions. When customers need to upgrade or replace an existing system, they call our client to provide a solution that will minimize disruption, downtime and expense.
What Makes You A Good Fit?
- 5 to 8+ years of experience in sales in the HVAC industry (OEM or manufacturer rep or HVAC service)
- Technical knowledge of commercial & industrial HVAC systems and applications
- Drive and ambition to make money while taking care of the customer’s needs
- Ability delivering effective sales solutions/presentations at all levels (facility manager/property manager/CEO); able to bring the technical talking points down to laymen’s terms
- Can prospect for sales opportunities within a customer base as well as developing opportunities outside of customer base
- Engineering degree preferred
As a Project Sales Engineer, you will market the company to new and existing clients and develop turnkey solution including estimating / proposal presentation for mechanical retrofit projects in commercial and industrial markets.
- Mechanical Systems Knowledge: Competent understanding of mechanical systems and how they function. This includes ability to survey mechanical systems, understand the needs and problems, determine repair modification and/or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Estimating: Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prospecting: Qualify prospects, make effective sales presentations, answers questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner. Ability to understand the prospects needs both technically and financially.
- Customer Relations: Create new client relationships, while maintaining established customer relationships. Consult with prospects and customers to assure resolution of problems and maintain long-term positive relationships.
- Support the collective efforts and quality of the team; respond quickly and effectively to the needs of internal and external clients.
- Provide routine technical support to service sales representatives, service technicians, and customers.
- Work with customers to design and quote new system installations, replacement, or system retrofit resolutions.
- Develop proposals with pricing and margins consistent with the Company's requirements.
- Manage and coordinate projects with management, technicians and dispatchers.
- Responsible for meeting overall sales objectives by reaching sales and gross margin objectives.
- Assist Managers in the review of skills, traits, and abilities of technicians and make positive suggestions for improvement.
Compensation & Location
This position will be based out of Newark, NJ. This is a full-time position that is available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that will include a base salary, aggressive commission plan, monthly auto allowance, and comprehensive benefits.
2020 Search Partners
BusinessView all jobs at 2020 Search Partners