Buyer - MRO
2020 Search Partners Auburn, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
For 40 years now, our client has been an innovative development partner to the automotive industry for valves and valve systems for chassis and power-train in particular. Our client’s know-how is embodied in key components around comfort, functionality, safe driving and environmental protection.
Our client operates on a M-F schedule with no production taking place on weekends. If you’re enthusiastic about automotive manufacturing and looking for a great work-life balance, then we should talk!
What Makes You A Good Fit?
- Four or more years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably automotive)
- Two-year associate degree preferred
- Computer experience required. Inventory management systems knowledge and experience required.
- Knowledge of mechanical parts and inventory methods.
- CMMS experience preferred
- Vertical storage management experience preferred
- Responsible for all Tool Crib activities (e.g. inventory, incoming/outgoing goods, etc.).
- Works with Engineering and Maintenance to maintain re-order points and quantities. Track material usage and identify trends.
- Perform usage/slow-moving analysis and work to reduce inventory.
- Process all indirect material purchase requisitions.
- Create purchase orders for MRO items and prepare vendor-maintained inventory POs.
- Set up suppliers for MRO and maintain supplier folders/records.
- Perform skilled duties to support various special projects including process improvements.
- Perform stock handling duties and material handling functions and storage carousel / VSU operation.
- Assist with the processing of returns or repairs.
- Must be flexible to work various shifts and/or overtime as required.
- Responsible for performing Vendor Management including negotiating all contracts, pricing and resolving issues with vendors.
- Research, identify, evaluate and develop new MRO suppliers and vendors as needed.
- Conduct analysis on supplier quotes and competitively source lowest delivered cost with rationale.
- Place Purchase Orders for the purchase of components and materials.
- Send RFQ's and analyze price quotes.
- Organize, update and retain product information files and purchase order records.
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer services.
- Assist accounting with invoices and packaging slip discrepancies and questions.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to plan ahead and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to provide courteous customer service to internal and external customers.
- Effective communication, written and verbal, with team members and management.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently under production and time pressures.
- Ability to hold a passport and travel internationally.
Compensation & Location
This position will be based out of Auburn, AL. This is a full-time position that is available for immediate hire. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that will include a base salary, comprehensive benefits, and other perks. M-F production schedule; no weekends. Company sponsored relocation package is available.
2020 Search Partners
BusinessView all jobs at 2020 Search Partners