2-J Supply is the region’s first choice for wholesale HVAC supplies and a great employer - voted by employees as a 2016 Best Place to Work; an Inc. Magazine’s “Fastest-Growing Private Companies; and Dayton Business Journal’s Top 100 Companies since 2004. Check them out at www.2-jsupply.com.
We have an immediate opening for an HR leader who will be responsible for both the day-to-day operations and the long-term strategic direction of the HR department. This role is critical to the achievement of our company’s growth and strategic objectives. This role is focused on roughly 70% tactical versus 30% strategic; and the company looks for it to develop into a director-level position as the needs of the position evolve to more strategic vs. tactical. Reporting to the COO and with one direct report, the HR Manager will:
- Recruit and onboard to ensure good and timely fit between applicants and job responsibilities in accordance with our aggressive growth objectives;
- Run new employee orientation to ensure that our new hires receive clear indoctrination to increase the speed of their understanding of their job requirements and our work culture;
- Benchmark, prepare, and monitor short and long-range planning of employee development, bench building, and performance coaching; Evaluate individual and organizational development needs; Develop and implement learning strategies and programs, career plans, and workforce analysis; Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities;
- Organize and direct HR activities to optimize talent deployment;
- Develop and administer benefits programs, policies, procedures and employee relations to ensure our employees are “set up to succeed” in providing the best services to our contractors and to ensure compliance with applicable legal, organizational, and departmental objectives;
- Administer internship programs, career pathing, compensation plans, wages and salaries, and performance management systems to meet our strategic goals;
- Manage Learning Management System website and content;
- Work closely with safety team on initiatives and communications;
- Develop and manage employee professional development program;
- Direct payroll;
- Oversee community involvement and charitable contributions; and
- Act as a strategic partner on the executive management team in setting the overall direction of the company.
- Demonstrated ability of employee development, performance coaching, and building a strong structure of employees to grow into organizational needs;
- Strong demonstration of competencies including ethical conduct and integrity, leadership, decision-making, and strategic thinking;
- Bachelor degree in HR, organizational planning or similar;
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources, including supervisory experience and familiarity with applicable HR laws;
- 3+ years of experience at the senior management level;
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively present materials and respond to common inquiries or complaints;
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PPT;
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to apply practical and logical thinking to a wide range of complex problems; and
- Drug screening and background check are required for employment.
- S/PHR and/or SHRM S/CP certification;
- Advanced degree in related field;
- 3+ years of experience in the wholesale industry;
2-J Supply offers a competitive pay structure and excellent benefits program including paid vacation, health and life insurance, retirement plan, educational assistance, and more. Please use the link here to apply online (no phone calls please).
2-J Supply is an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.