2 Circle, Inc.
2 Circle is a small, veteran-owned consulting firm providing specialized customer-focused system engineering, requirements definition, operational analysis, technology development, and program management support to Department of Defense requirements staff, acquisition communities, S&T organizations, and commercial partners to solve mission-critical problems. Our firm leverages a strong tradition of exceptional service to our customers. Our reputation and experience are critical to our success and are, therefore, the center of our focus. We maintain a competitive advantage by hiring the most qualified and relevant individuals, leveraging the ability to operate in multi-level security environments, providing unmitigated exceptional quality of product, and keeping our cost structure below competing entities. 2 Circle has a commitment to excellence that enables best-of-breed products.
This position reports to the 2 Circle Chief Finance Officer, performing the functions of a Staff Accountant. This full-time position will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s payroll, bank reports/reconciliation, monthly financial reports, and weekly cash flow forecasting for our growing veteran-owned consulting firm. The Staff Accountant will have to be familiar with QuickBooks or similar software. Success in this position will require a broad scope of function and an ability to balance multiple tasks with competing time schedules. Although there will be an expected level of responsiveness and availability, there is also an opportunity to weave these tasks into a schedule that allows personal flexibility. This individual will manage tasks as available and work independently for each task providing a level of assistance based on the direction provided by the Vice President of Contracts.
Essential Job Functions
- Enter data into bookkeeping software (QuickBooks, moving to Unanet in 2024), compile reports, gather and organize and reconcile bank statements, highlight discrepancies in company records, and research possible reasons for errors or differences in expected versus actual account balances.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts.
- Review financial statements for errors and adjust accordingly.
- Use QuickBooks to input data into several financial documents like the company’s Program Management Tool (PMT).
- Invoicing through Unanet.
- General bookkeeping functions.
- Accounts Receivables /Accounts Payable management, and coordination.
- Weekly cash flow forecast.
- Other clerical duties include taking notes during meetings, making copies, and scanning documents to add to a digital filing system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: accounting or finance. Work experience may be considered as a substitute for the degree requirement.
- 3-5 years of experience related to accounting or finance.
- Experience in government contract bookkeeping is highly desirable.
- Preferred certification: Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers and QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Experience with QuickBooks required, Unanet software preferred.
- Good computer skills with a knowledge of standard bookkeeping and spreadsheet programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication, math skills, teamwork, attention to detail, strong time management, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain deadline punctuality during pressurized situations.
- Proven track record of honesty and integrity.
2 Circle, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, or sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Suppose you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran. In that case, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request accommodation, contact 2 Circle, Inc. hiring manager.
2 Circle IncWashington, DC
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.