As the manager of a new business team, you will lead a team of sales reps who are responsible for generating engagement with new or unengaged interior designers and the 1stdibs trade platform. This team is primarily ‘inside’ focused but does meet with local clients in person to build strong relationships.
As the leader of a team of Client Development Executives, you will hire, train, and coach a team of sales professionals to hit key sales targets, focused on increasing the number of buyers in our trade program quarter over quarter. To be successful you will need to have well rounded management skills and a burning drive to see your team succeed, as well as detailed knowledge of Salesforce and working with KPIs. In return you will get the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most passionate, driven and creative people assembled under one roof.
What you’ll do
- Assist the Director of Client Development with hiring and training our very first sales team in Denver
- Motivate and lead a team to meet and exceed aggressive goals
- Hold weekly 1:1s with your team to achieve their full potential to meet and exceed their quotas and KPI’s
- Own the sales pipeline for your team and ensure that leads are moving through our sales process
- Train team members on sales best practices, including the use of Salesforce.com to ensure CRM compliance
- Execute sales and marketing campaigns with your team to roll out new product and marketing features
- Manage your team to high levels of sales activity
- Own the feedback loop between your team and other internal stakeholders like marketing, product, and executives
- Participate on high priority sales calls with your team, ensure your team has the proper resources to close deals
What you’ll bring
- Experience coaching a team that meets face to face with clientele
- Experience hiring and training sales people
- The ability to understand sales KPIs and how to use them to coach salespeople
- Outside of the box thinking when it comes to tactics to achieve your team goals
- Ability to navigate and make decisions in ambiguous, fast-paced environments with limited time and oversight
- Innate drive to succeed and make the team successful exemplified through a track record of exceeding sales goals
- An analytical and data-driven mind applied to setting goals and also making decisions about people and performance
- Conviction and resilience; doesn’t shrink in the face of adversity, but rather, welcomes it
- A high EQ, must be able to your team and create a winning culture
- Experience using Salesforce and other sales enablement tools for tracking, reporting, and decision-making
- Ability to skillfully prioritize and multitask, comfort with allocating time/resources to the most essential drivers of growth
- Background/interest in decorative arts/design strongly preferred
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.