1st Team Staffing Services, Inc Columbia, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of others.
The person will have experience with development and execution of technical documentation and training on systems in not only the commercial industry but also for the DOD services. In addition, be responsible for mentoring others — identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and assisting subordinates to enhance the technical documentation and training department.
- Write Technical Manual and Training System plans
- Organize, plan, schedule documentation and training work efforts
- Write documentation and training proposals including development of BOEs and scheduling of efforts using MS Project.
- Manage cost account budgets (familiar with EVMS)
- Manage documentation and training personnel; conduct performance appraisals
- Interface with program, engineering and customers on documentation and training issues
- Provide input for corporate strategic planning in documentation & training related areas
- Review documentation created within the documentation and training group, create and manage metrics on performance against plan/budget
- Establish and maintain styles and standards for technical manuals and training material
- Assure that deliverables comply with customer-required (i.e. Army) styles and standards
- Implement and maintain a system of document review, validation, and update to maximize document accuracy and completeness
- Understand in the development of storyboards, ICW, CBT, and online or embedded training
- Organize technical manuals and training material and manage on-site training programs by interacting with customer as well as instructors and TCOM program personnel
- Train technical writers and instructors in development of manuals/training and training techniques
- Review engineering specifications and design review documents and able to convert to source data for technical manual and training material development
- Read and understand engineering drawings/specifications
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Instructing — Teaching others how to do something.
Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Bachelor’s degree in a business and/or journalism discipline. Advanced Degree desired. Related military training and/or experience is a plus.
Must have at least ten years of experience including technical writing and project management. Should be familiar with U.S. DoD and industry standards. Must have some experience leading small groups. Familiarity with widely used and recognized publications and training standards highly recommended. Experience with technical writing in XML is a plus.
Must be U.S. CItizen and able to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance.
1st Team Staffing Services, IncWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to work with a global leader in the defense industry!
First Team helps our clients achieve their goals by providing them with a flexible and qualified workforce that scales to meet their needs while providing genuine career opportunities to our candidates.
EducationView all jobs at 1st Team Staffing Services, Inc