Landscape Construction Project Manager
Schedule- Monday-Friday and weekends as necessary
Hours- 6am - 3pm, however hours will vary based on project demands
Pay- 80k-90k based on level of experience ( $100K MAX )
Uniform- Business casual. Khakis with company provided polo.
Benefits offered- 401k, Health/Dental insurance, Company Vehicle
PTO - 80 hrs, increase to 120 after first year
What does the position look like day to day /3 Main Responsibilities of the job:
- This position is estimated to be 60% office, 40% on-site. The project manager will oversee the production of multiple landscape construction projects at any given time. They will take over projects once bid / awarded by our estimating department. They will need to attend on-site project management meetings with the client (typically general contractor) and other trades to coordinate planning and execution of our scope of work.
The preferred candidate for this position will need to have:
- Industry related experience in landscape construction or a closely related trade
- You will need to be able to interpret drawings and specifications in order to understand and execute the contracted scope of work.
- The project manager will be responsible for assessing, interpreting, and documenting deviations from scope during the course of construction.
- The project manager will be responsible for interfacing with clients and managing company resources to complete projects within budget, while also delivering a high quality finished product.
- A strong candidate will be highly detail oriented and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to read situations and implement problem solving strategies is required
Any software experience needed- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite is required. Proficiency with on-screen takeoff software is preferred.
Job Description further:
- Perform takeoffs using on-screen takeoff software (Planswift)
- Review and interpret drawings to determine sequences of construction and coordinate material deliveries.
- Review overall project schedules to determine manpower and material delivery requirements
- Create task duration schedules based on customer / project requirements
- Review drawings and specifications
- Prepare and send requests for information (RFIs)
- Prepare and send submittals. Review submittal responses
- Maintain submittal / RFI logs
- Organize and maintain project data using electronic spreadsheets
- Material Purchasing - coordinate material purchasing and delivery as required for production, within budgetary requirements
- Short lead materials - calculation of quantities and procurement
- Long lead materials - procurement, order tracking and delivery coordination
- Plant orders - procurement, order tracking and delivery coordination
- Prepare and submit change order proposals based on changes to the base scope of work
Required / Recommended experience further
- Knowledge of the landscape industry and / or construction industry required
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite. Proficiency with Microsoft excel required
- Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings / plans “blueprints”
- Familiarity with on-screen takeoff software and / or CADD software preferred
- Experience with CRM software (salesforce or similar) preferred
- Experience with ProCore preferred
- Horticulture / landscape design knowledge
- Background in safety training or protocols