To provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The Project Manager serves as the single point of accountability from contract signing to hand-over to customer service. The role can evolve into the Director of Commercial Operations.
1. Develops and maintain plans for project delivery: budget; schedule; safety plan, and commissioning plan.2. Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
3. Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
4. Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
5. Supervises field personnel, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
6. Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
7. Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills)
+ High school degree with at least 10 years of project management experience in the construction industry and/or 5 years managing solar projects.
+ Engineering, construction related, or business degree. At least 5 years of project management experience in the construction industry and/or 2 years managing solar projects
+ Graduate engineers or architects will also be considered if they have additional training in business administration and accounting.
+ Five years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
+ Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
+ Strong Leadership and communication skills.
+ Must be able to travel extensively throughout the United States
Req No.: 2019-1630
External Company Name: 1st Light Energy, Inc.
External Company URL: www.1stlightenergy.com
Street: 1869 Moffat Blvd