1st Financial Federal Credit Union, one of St. Louis’ Top Work Places, isn’t just another job. It’s a career with a cause! Our employees are a driving force in helping people achieve their financial dreams! And we’re growing! Our Collections (Account Resolutions) department is currently seeking a highly motivated loan counselor (collector) to join our team. Working directly with our members, our Loan Counselors play an instrumental role in delivering on our mission: Save you money. Make you money. Save you time. That’s why we exist. This is achieved by providing outstanding service to all credit union and community members, volunteers and employees. If you bring at least one year of collections experience, enjoy Helping People 1st and managing a queue makes you shout “ya-hoo,” we’d love to hear from you!
In this high-volume, fast-paced environment, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Deliver a high level of member service in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises.
- Build rapport with members regarding delinquent account status and provide budget and debt counseling to members in financial trouble.
- Manage and utilize time efficiently to ensure the collections team meets expected key performance indicator goals, delinquency goals and service quality for member satisfaction.
- Utilize critical thinking, problem solving skills and industry resources to connect with members.
- Perform ongoing account analysis to minimize loss to the credit union.
- Document member communication in the collections system.
- Maintain knowledge of collection techniques and regulations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent telephone skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work on various computer systems and software
- Good writing/data entry skills with emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Multi-tasking excellence to handle various member communications simultaneously
- Proficient technology skill, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and the Internet.
Enjoy variety and helping people? Ready to join an organization whose commitment to the community and its members is evident in all they do? 1st Financial Federal Credit Union is calling you! Apply today and become the newest member of our Account Resolutions (Collections) team!
1st Financial Federal Credit Union
Why Work Here?Established in 1968, 1st Financial Federal Credit Union is full-service financial cooperative whose mission is to improve the financial well-being of its members. With assets exceeding $250 million, 1st Financial serves more than 34,000 members. We’re focused on making 1st Financial a place where our employees feel welcome and are engaged so that The Better Way to Bank is also the best place to work. For more information about 1st Financial Federal Credit Union, visit www.thebetterwaytobank.org.
Because the better way to bank is also, THE best place to work!