1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is accepting applications for a full-time Business Support Specialist to join our team! This role will support the Business Services team in servicing, maintenance, and sales of business member relationships. Assist in loan processing and account opening. Coordinate all documentation necessary for the loan approval, closing, post-closing process and coordination of all documentation necessary for annual loan reviews and renewals.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Request and prepare documentation for business loans from all business loan related parties.
- Facilitate the loan closing process by ensuring communication between all business loan related parties to expedite a quick loan closing; ordering loan documents for loan closings from third party; communicating with third party as necessary, including title companies, attorney's, etc.; forward closing loan documents to appropriate branch/closing agent.
- Creates new loan files by preparing documentation for scanning, entry into system and proper storage. File, maintain and store business loan documents to include the management of paid loan files. Completes quality checks of loan packets, document deficiencies, and resolves exceptions with Business Relationship Manager or Business Lending Underwriter.
- Maintains listing of outstanding business loan reviews.
- Assist in recording data on status of loans to include number of new applications, loans approved, cancelled or denied.Assist in recording data on status of loans to include number of new applications, loans approved, cancelled or denied.
- Coordinate with third party to complete lien searches and lien filings, also performs SCC searches for business current activity..
- Assist in recording data on status of loans to include number of new applications, loans approved, cancelled or denied.
- Post all business loans following regulatory requirements with accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Prepare files for underwriting within 1 day following the receipt of all required documents.
2. Submit requests for all business loan documentation to attorneys' offices and third party (as necessary) and verify accuracy and receipt of all requested information
3. Manage listing of outstanding business loan reviews. Ensure that all loan reviews are submitted monthly and that recommended changes are completed and that outstanding loan reviews are reported to the Business Relationship Manager within 15 days following due date.
4. Organize and assimilate all documents necessary to expedite the closing of business loans in accordance with all lending policies and procedures.
5. Review loan documents and reports in a timely fashion with zero errors.
6. Ensure that credit union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed when interacting with internal or external contacts.
7. Prepare, scan and verify all business files to insure taht all information is electronically stored in accordance of the Business Underwriter's direction.
8. Prepare loan request packets and sales information for existing and potential Business Members.
9. Open business accounts accurately with all supporting documentation and performing OFAC verifications.
- Three to five years lending experience required. Experience in loan processing environment is preferred. Prior experience in selling and servicing business member relationships is preferred.
- Education (1) Two-year college degree or (2) Related experience commensurate with job related duties.
- Familiar with NCUA Regulations (or banking regulations) and responsibilities relating to each including a working knowledge of UCC titles, mortgages, liens and other aspects of the loan collateral position.
- Experience in managing customer relationships in a financial institution.
- Familiar with financial statements and tax returns preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediate level knowledge with MS Word, Outlook, and Power point.
- Ability to design complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills