Intermediate Systems Administrator
Location: Fort Detrick, MD
***This position requires an Active Security Clearance with minimum of a DOD Secret Clearance***
Pls. apply online at: http://www.1prospect.com/careers
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is seeking a qualified Intermediate Systems Administrator who will work in conjunction with the full Systems Administration team to provide Server Administration for Windows and Linux servers, SAN Administration, Data Center Server Management and Monitoring, Vulnerability mitigation and remediation, HBSS, SCCM, IAVA patches, Windows 10 support, Windows Server 2012 support, Group Policy, Active Directory, Log file monitoring and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the deployment of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) packages.
- Maintain platform support for the server environment with administration, troubleshooting, documentation, security, debugging and implementation of server hardware, operating systems, SAN and application software. System administration tasks include:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot server hardware and software.
- Administer Windows and Linux servers daily.
- Adhere to security policies for the server environment. Research and keep abreast of security updates and IAVA vulnerabilities based upon guidance from DoD.
- Develop appropriate documentation supporting the server environment maintained by the NEC.
- Five (5)+ years of related work experience.
- Active Security Clearance with minimum of a DOD Secret Clearance.
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification required.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or 2016 Certification (preferred)
- Exam 70-680 within 6 months of hire at candidate's expense (DOD 8570 requirement).
- Experience with BMC Remedy 8.1 or similar help desk tracking tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, and Word.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must be knowledgeable in administering heterogeneous computing environments ranging from servers to personal computers
- Must have advanced knowledge of systems administration techniques and tools.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple, shifting priorities.
- Must be knowledgeable in either VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization platforms.
- Working knowledge of customer support and troubleshooting principles and methods;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems in response to customer reported incidents;
- Must be able to identify, research, evaluate, and provide feedback to management on problematic trends
- Must assist in the development of procedures and standards;
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems & coordination with other IT teams and service providers;
- Will be required to regularly upgrade technical skills;
- Must ensure the rigorous application of Army information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of customer support services, and;
- Ability to provide technical support to critical end-user issues in support of Army mission requirements on a 7x24 basis if required.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to apply systematic/systems analysis processes and procedures to troubleshooting diagnostics.
- Advanced diagnostic skills and tools knowledge.
- Knowledge of Army IT regulations and security procedures.
- Knowledge of Army IT regulations and security procedures preferred.
1Prospect Technologies, LLC. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Over the past decade as result of our emphasis on customer relationships, we have become well-known for the quality of our solutions while delivering them on-time and within budget. Our staff brings subject matter expertise and experience in managing complex projects from inception through completion. Our excellent reputation allows us to recruit and retain highly-technical, qualified employees.