Help Desk Specialist
Location: Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Pls. apply online at: http://www.1prospect.com/careers
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is actively recruiting for a qualified Help Desk Specialist to fill an immediate need. The Help Desk Specialist will assist customers when they experience procedural or operating difficulty with the use of IT applications, products or services in support of Medical Communication Infrastructure Technical Support Services to Fort Belvoir Community Hospital and its ancillary clinics within the National Capital Region Medical Directorate to include Dumfries Health Center, Dumfries, VA, Fairfax Health Center, Fairfax, VA and DiLorenzo Tricare Health Clinic, Arlington, VA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and solve common network issues using physical and logical diagnostic tools.
- Troubleshoot and solve common Microsoft based platforms (Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Etc.) and common hardware used throughout FBCH (Dell, Lenovo, and HP).
- Work within and between diverse technical teams knowledgeably and capably to resolve large-scale issues.
- Record required customer and problem information into the Remedy Trouble Ticketing System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Handle customer interactions with diplomacy and tact, gauging the customer’s technical ability and communicating with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language to resolve the issue.
- Support incident, problem, and request management processes leveraging ITIL service framework with best-business practices.
- Work independently on special projects.
- Work with the Project Management Office to provide technical support to projects.
- Tie in knowledge and past experiences in solving problems that arise on the job particularly those relating to Active Directory (Account Management, Organizational Units, Mailbox Management, Exchange features), Network, LAN, and VLAN (troubleshooting and setting up printers on network, identifying network versus local based issues).
- Participate in rotational On-Call service which provides after-hour support to high-priority tickets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Information Systems, business, Communications or related field is preferred or two (2) years of equivalent experience
- Must possess at least two (2) years of experience in a Help Desk Operations Team
- Must possess required certifications per DoD 8570.1M for privileged level access
- Experience with a ticketing system (Remedy)
- Experience working in Healthcare environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Awareness of Governance methodologies commonly governing DoD organizations
General Office Environment:
- Lift and/or carry 5-50 lbs. and pushes/pulls carts, as necessary.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office environment with adequate ventilation.
- Active Secret Security Clearance; Favorable National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit (NACLC) Investigation or Active Secret Clearance Required
- Position may require moderate travel
1Prospect Technologies, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.