Sr. Network Security Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1Marksman is searching for an experienced Consulting Network Security Engineer who is highly motivated, self-driven, provides leadership, and has extensive hands-on integration experience with internetworking and security products that include Cisco, Fortinet, and Palo-Alto Networks.
This is a work from work from home position that requires occasional travel to in-person client collaboration meetings, problem-solving, and physical architecture validation. As a senior member of the team, your responsibilities will include mentoring other team members, supporting the rotating 'on-call' engineer on duty for emergency support, and completing various industry certifications.
The ideal candidate will be adaptive to learning new and emerging technologies and have ability to solve and find answers to complex problems. Expert knowledge on Fortinet product deployment using multi-tendency FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, and ZTNA FortiClient deployments. Ability to navigate multi-vendor command line interface to assess, troubleshoot, configure, and transform internetworking products during a technology transformation or infrastructure modernization project.
Example of consulting role includes:
- Consult with customers or other stakeholders on project status, proposals, and technical issues.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Consult with technical staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
- Secures the network infrastructure by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation procedures and documentation for data loss prevention.
- Navigates clients through digital transformations that include full-stack responsibilities of cloud, network, storage and access.
- Evaluate and recommend support tools, applications, and/or appliances to improve the technical operation.
- Assess and plan for near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Participate in discovery, design, deployment of network security hardware and software at client sites.
- Install, configure, and support firewalls, switches, load-balancers, and related technologies.
- Migrations of perimeter security devices and configurations involving different manufacturers.
- Troubleshooting and support of network security solutions including Zero-Trust and DLP.
- Implementing test plans, migration plans, and delivery plans.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation including network diagrams, configurations, and support procedures.
- Escalation to third-party support as necessary (i.e.: Fortinet, Cisco, etc.).
- Serve as a technical liaison to supported clients.
- Assist other support engineers and systems engineers in troubleshooting client installations.
- Monitor, implement, and support all network-based hardware and enterprise applications.
- Monitor system logs and activity on all network installed solutions for availability, utilization, throughput and/or latency.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Manage distribution and coordinate installation of software updates (applications, firmware, and/or bios) for network solutions.
- Maintain and monitor network device configurations.
- Determine licensing requirements for various network solutions.
- Develop strategies for integrating new network solutions into the existing infrastructure.
- Assist with disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Adapt existing network and VOIP solutions to improve performance, correct errors or to conform to new hardware or standards.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Act as primary point of contact with all vendors, telecom, network and/or voice vendors/partners.
- Update existing or recommend new network policies and procedure.
- Develop network requirements and recommend solutions.
- Perform other office duties as assigned
- Minimum of seven (7) years of practical experience of integration and troubleshooting firewall, routing, and switching solutions.
- Must have Fortinet NSE-4 certification or Greater
- Strong knowledge of Fortinet firewalls, SD-WAN, Policy-based routing, VDOMs, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer and FortiClient
- Ability to design and deploy wireless networks using multiple vendor Wi-Fi solution (Fortinet, Cisco, Extreme, Ruckus, etc.)
- Demonstrate understanding of how different parts of infrastructure play into the network and their impact.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, finding solutions to complex problems, documenting root-cause analysis.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Nexus and Catalyst switch expertise.
- Aptitude to adopt new technologies.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a rapid-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot LANs and WANs.
- Self-motivated and desire to succeed, ability to work as necessary to meet clients’ needs.
Desired Vendor Experience
- Fortinet Certified NSE 4+ or Greater
- Microsoft AD/LDAPS/NPS experience.
- Familiar with cloud architectures Azure/AWS, hybrid cloud/ direct connect VPNs.
- SD-WAN experience and DMVPN knowledge a plus.
- Cisco UCS experience a plus.
- Firewall virtual appliance experience a plus.
- Engineering experience with mid-sized to enterprise-sized customers is a plus.
- Experience with 802.1x authentication for wired and wireless connections.
- Ability to interface with other employees to deliver the required services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- US work authorization (Required)
1Marksman is a small, woman-owned and operated organization. We are a well-established consulting firm with a reputation for innovative and lasting results. Our consultants are seasoned experts in the fields of Business and Technology. What separates us from the rest is our experience and commitment to staying current with the ever-changing business and technology landscape.
Get fresh Network Security Support Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.