- Posted: over a month ago
1915 South/ Ashley is hiring immediately for driven individuals with a positive attitude for our Instore Porter position. The Instore Porter works in our Ashley stores, arranging the showroom floor and setting-up incoming products. This position is responsible for transferring products from the warehouse to the store floor and monitoring incoming products from the distribution center. If you enjoy working in a hands-on environment, this is the perfect career opportunity for you. Complete an application today and start a career with the #1 Furniture Brand in the world! This is a part time position.
Why 1915 South?
1915 South/Ashley owns and operates 23 Ashley stores and 4 Distribution Centers across the South East. We believe in investing in our team members. We believe in helping employees succeed through support and training. We believe in providing employees with great pay and generous bonus opportunities. We believe in caring for our employees by offering highly competitive benefit programs.
Compensation: Competitive pay and bonus opportunities based on performance.
Benefits: Provide for yourself and your family with our competitive benefit programs. We offer health (includes $750/year prepaid health savings card), dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Paid Time Off: Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
Retirement: 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
Employee Discounts: Employees are provided with generous furniture discounts!
Employee Referral Program: Earn up to $500 per referral!
Long Term Career Opportunities: Many of our company leaders at 1915 South were grown within our own company. When you start at 1915 South, you are not just starting your next job, you are beginning your new career!
Our Instore Porters:
- Remove the sold product from the salesfloor, wrap and store products for customer delivery, or load product into customer vehicle for customer pickup.
- Work in partnership with the Visual Lead and Manager to coordinate prepping the store floor for incoming merchandise.
- Repair floor samples
- Organize and maintain the warehouse, performing general housekeeping duties, including maintaining cardboard trailer/dumpsters.
- Perform building maintenance and simple repairs
- Other duties as assigned
What we need from you:
- To have good communication skills
- To have a knowledge of warehouse functions
- To have a positive attitude
- To be a team player
- To have a commitment to getting the job done
1915 South / Ashley
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at 1915 South / Ashley