iiRcade - Senior Server Engineer
- Expired: July 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
iiRcade is a fun and fast-paced startup company with a lot of excitement, creating the next generation home arcade gaming platform that is never-before-seen. iiRcade redefines what home arcade gaming is all about, by bringing the next generation arcade gaming experiences home. On iiRcade, not only can you play your nostalgic retro arcade games, but also the modern games with today's amazing graphics, sound and gameplay the arcade style! For the first time, you can continue to expand your game library by being able to purchase and download new games onto your arcade machine at affordable prices from the online store. iiRcade is all about premium arcade gaming experiences, from 19" HD display, 100W of powerful stereo sound, premium controllers, premium cabinet, to premium immersive gaming experiences that really draws you in as if you are inside the game.
We are headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, with teams located in California, South Korea and India. We are changing the world of gaming. Join us and let's make this amazing dream happen together!
Duties and responsibilities
Do you love playing games? Are you an experienced server engineer, especially on online gaming server development? If so, we would love to talk to you!
This role will be responsible for creating brand new, never-before-seen, amazing online gaming experiences that the world has not seen before. In addition, this person will also support the iiRcade's platform server development and other server-related activities. This person will work together with the rest of the engineering organization and support the online gaming development on the other aspects outside of the server to bring the overall experience come together.
- Architect, implement, test, deploy, manage and maintain the server side of our online games, interfaces between the server and client, APIs, online store and application to requirements
- Make sure all systems are performant and scale well, optimize client-server networking, integrate with backend services, data authority management, solve deployment, performance and security problems and more
- Support our game partner companies on turning them into online games, bringing online gaming and other online features for their games to iiRcade
- Innovate with new ideas and implement these new innovative features to realization
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to make device software on-line friendly
- Produce schedules and meet agreed upon deadlines while maintaining quality
- Fix and classify bugs from the bug database
- Write technical documents
- Collaborate with other designers and engineers and rest of the team, and keep the team updated of progress and status
- Provide technical leadership while training other engineers in back-end technologies and acting as a resource for the rest of the team
- Be creative, think outside the box, and come up with ideas that may help the company and execute these ideas. Be a part of changing the world!
- Hungry for changing the world (of gaming) and do whatever it takes to make it happen
- Mentoring and teaching other team members. Be a leader!
- Other tasks that may be needed from time to time
- 10+ years professional software development experience on online gaming server development, client-server and peer-to-peer game applications for online gaming
- Experience deploying online gaming servers and web application in a commercial environment
- Experienced in creating and deploying complex web applications
- Extensive knowledge of web application architecture
- Experience with multithreaded programming, network programming and optimization
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Experienced with AWS development and local server development
- Knowledge in the industry and server options
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience optimizing code for memory and CPU utilization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to research problems by using external resources
- Strong passion for gaming and working knowledge of products
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with online game development is a huge plus
- Experience with Android application development is a huge plus
- Experience with tools development is a huge plus
1871 Member Companies
Get fresh Developer Startup jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.