1798 Consultants is a rapidly growing strategic market access agency for the life science industry. We offer market leading solutions focused on areas such as market access strategy, financial impact analysis, training, and patient support program design, all complemented by a full suite of creative capabilities. Whether we are working with Fortune 500 organizations or startup companies working to launch their first therapeutic product, 1798 Consultants strives to create value for our customers by informing and empowering them in a way that allows them to increase their net profits and optimizing their resources by organizing complex information into easily and rapidly implementable terms and tactics.
The Presentation Designer is responsible for designing business presentations which enhance, amplify, and make memorable the analysis conducted by the consulting team. Serving as a member of the broader creative services team at 1798, the Presentation Designer is a graphic designer / visual designer
responsible for designing, producing and updating presentations while upholding global brand standards and producing effective, dynamic and well thought out work product. It is expected that the Presentation Designer will partner with the consulting and broader creative teams and work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints. Additionally, the creation of easy to understand charts, graphs, and diagrams will be key to success.
It is expected that this position will be collaborative with senior consultants but require minimal supervision or support in the execution of creative presentation workstreams.
Duties and responsibilities
· Translate complex analysis resulting from consulting projects into clear and compelling visual designs and presentations
· Create custom templates and design solutions for a wide range of uses
· Generate actionable ideas and concepts in tandem with other creative resources and consulting staff
· Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas
· Source images, graphics, and stock photos
· Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
· Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers where applicable and provide appropriate directions to inform efficient execution
· Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
· Solve problems in a timely manner with minimal management oversight, keeping the entire 1798 team appraised of issues and solutions as / when needed
Requirements and experience
- Proven working experience as Presentation Designer
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Additional software proficiency of interest includes Prezi, Corel, Haiku Deck, SlideDog and SlideRocket
- Demonstrable graphic design, typography and layout skills with a strong portfolio
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to uphold brand and style guidelines
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical, medical device industries, or healthcare industries is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required
- Risk identification and issue management
- Ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Must enjoy working in demanding environment as a key member of a dynamic, team-based organization
- BS/BA four-year degree
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.