Assistant Store Manager - 204 E. Lansing Rd.
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johnnyâ€™s is a fun, friendly place to work and shop, and as Assistant Store Manager, youâ€™ll play an important role in keeping it that way. Your support will help every part of your store run smoothly throughout your shift, especially when it comes to taking good care of Johnnyâ€™s customers. Youâ€™ll also be in charge during second and third shifts and whenever the Store Manager is away, helping your store stay clean, stocked, safe, and looking great morning, noon, and night.
What Youâ€™ll Do
- Set the bar for your storeâ€™s customer service, helping your team treat every Johnnyâ€™s customer with the friendly, polite, and efficient service they deserve.
- Provide guidance to keep your team and your store looking their best.
- Handle HR duties including training, scheduling, and supervising your team, while following Johnnyâ€™s HR policies and all applicable employment laws.
- Follow Johnnyâ€™s goals to maximize your storeâ€™s sales while controlling operating expenses.
- Partner with our suppliers and other vendors in a professional way.
- Address any complaints promptly and politely to keep Johnnyâ€™s customers happy.
- Stay up on your storeâ€™s bookwork and related tasks, sharing documents with Johnnyâ€™s home office.
What Youâ€™ll Need
- Strong communication skills to interact with employees, customers, supervisors, and vendors in a friendly way.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, adapt well to change, and multi-task every day.
- A valid driver's license and a personal vehicle to perform work-related activities.
- A college degree or two years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination.
- Basic computer and software knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, and email).
- A willingness to work any area of the store when needed and operate a computerized register.
- Ability to bend, stand, walk, lift up to 50 lbs., and frequently carry up to 10 lbs.
It feels good to work at a company that cares about its customers and its community. Weâ€™re always looking for ways to take good care of each other, and that goes for your benefits, too. As a full-time Johnnyâ€™s employee, you can look forward to:
- Competitive pay: work your way up and earn raises after 60 days, 6 months, and then every year.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (after 60 days)
- Flex spending account (after 60 days)
- $10,000 life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance (after 60 days)
- LifeWorks employee assistance program (after 60 days)
- 401K with company match (age 18+, after 6 months of service)
- 1 week paid vacation (after 90 days), 6 paid holidays per year, and holiday premium pay
Get to Know Johnnyâ€™s
You can feel good about working for Johnnyâ€™s. Our family-owned, Michigan-based chain of convenience stores can now be found at more than 60 Shell gas stations across Michigan and Northern Indiana, giving people a fun, friendly place to find a great cup of coffee, yummy snacks for the road, and home and car necessities. Wherever we go, we work hard to be a bright spot in the community, doing our best to Be More, Be Good, and Be Neighborly. Come join our team!
1760 - POTTERVILLE - JOHNNY'S MARKETS
RetailView all jobs at 1760 - POTTERVILLE - JOHNNY'S MARKETS